View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 01:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
almeeker
FitDay Member

I started out at about the same weight, only I'm quite a bit shorter. I totally hear you on the jiggly, red and sweaty part, only I was past red to purple after most workouts. About 18 months ago we bought an elliptical machine, it burns calories like crazy. When I first started using it, I had what I called the "triple jiggle", every step echoed through my fat about 3 times. Then after a while I went down to a "double jiggle", and that's when I knew it was really working. Now I'm at just a single bounce for every step, that could certainly use some work still , but it's a whole lot better than it was. Another workout I really like is the EA Active II. Ours is for the Wii, but I think it's available for other gaming systems. Anyway what I like about it is that it schedules your workouts and expects you to show up and do them. The first couple of weeks it seemed sort of hokey and like not quite enough exercise, but now that I've been at it for 3 months, the workouts are fairly hard and I still get red and sweaty 4 mornings/week with my cyber personal trainer.
Goal weight: 120 lbs
Weight to go: 44 lbs
Goal Date: 1/1/13

Last edited by almeeker; 03-28-2011 at 01:12 AM.
almeeker is offline   Reply With Quote