Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Success Stories
Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated) >

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Notices

Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Old 01-22-2010, 11:27 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hello cheekbones :) (little acheivements that keep us motivated)

Well, I know this is the success. thread and there are some amazing stories on here, but I thought it would be okay to start a thread about the small successes that give us a lift and keep us going on the road to our goals.

I have lost 10lbs so far (started on Jan 4th) and one of the things that got me started was my 'moonface' in pics from Christmas time. I can definitely see a difference in my face already and I am so happy about that!

Has anyone else noticed some small difference that makes it all seem worthwhile? Please share!
Old 01-23-2010, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default Little victories, huge motivation

Way to go! I also have been changing the way I eat in earnest since the first week of January. Yesterday I tried on my favorite white sweater. Last time I tried to wear it, my arms looked like sausages stuffed into the sleeves. Now it fits like it should and I wore it with a print jacket because the jacket is also roomier now. Never would have even tried it a month ago.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by eaglenana
Way to go! I also have been changing the way I eat in earnest since the first week of January. Yesterday I tried on my favorite white sweater. Last time I tried to wear it, my arms looked like sausages stuffed into the sleeves. Now it fits like it should and I wore it with a print jacket because the jacket is also roomier now. Never would have even tried it a month ago.
Well done eaglenana! I hate the feeling of clothes being tight on me, I am loving the feeling of my clothes getting a bit looser! That's great that we started around the same time and can feel a difference already
Old 01-23-2010, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hello cheekbones- goodbye double chin!! You started my day off right with that. Way to go!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, this thread is a great idea! I have notice my double chin is much smaller and my face doesn't look swollen anymore...I suspect drinking the water has helped with that!
Old 01-24-2010, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gallusgal
Well, I know this is the success. thread and there are some amazing stories on here, but I thought it would be okay to start a thread about the small successes that give us a lift and keep us going on the road to our goals.

I have lost 10lbs so far (started on Jan 4th) and one of the things that got me started was my 'moonface' in pics from Christmas time. I can definitely see a difference in my face already and I am so happy about that!

Has anyone else noticed some small difference that makes it all seem worthwhile? Please share!
Nice job on the weight loss so far. Keep it up!

During my "journey" I've come across quite a few nice little milestones that I've enjoyed hitting.

* After suffering with heartburn for over two years... I was amazed to see that it went completely away after I dipped under 300 lbs.

* Also after going below 300 or so, I no longer got pains in my calves from just walking around.

* When clothes become too baggy

* Fitting into a lower size

* This is a huge one... when the clothes from my closet that had been too small for years finally became too big.

* Lost my double chin (finally decided to shave my beard, there's nothing there to hide anymore)

* Having to buckle my belt one notch tighter... then having to buy a new belt and having to keep buckling that one another notch tighter.

* Kind of a weird one, but it made me happy... being able to touch my big toe to my nose w/ both feet... Losing weight has increased my flexibility.

* On that same note, being able to sit comfortably "Indian-style" with crossed legs.

I'm sure there's more, but there has been plenty of results that have kept me motivated along the way!
Old 01-24-2010, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by showmenow
Hello cheekbones- goodbye double chin!! You started my day off right with that. Way to go!
I can't wait to say goodye to my chins

Seriously, the difference your weight loss has made to your face is amazing!

Originally Posted by kathietaylor
Oh, this thread is a great idea! I have notice my double chin is much smaller and my face doesn't look swollen anymore...I suspect drinking the water has helped with that!
I always had quite a small face, well at 5'2 I had a small frame. I can't believe how big I have gotten ad my face in those Christmas pics horrified me! I have saved them to my PC so if I ever feel like falling off the wagon I can look at them and they will remind me! So far so good though, I am actually enjoying what I am eating and heven't been tempted yet

Originally Posted by mfagerstrom
Nice job on the weight loss so far. Keep it up!

During my "journey" I've come across quite a few nice little milestones that I've enjoyed hitting.

* After suffering with heartburn for over two years... I was amazed to see that it went completely away after I dipped under 300 lbs.

* Also after going below 300 or so, I no longer got pains in my calves from just walking around.

* When clothes become too baggy

* Fitting into a lower size

* This is a huge one... when the clothes from my closet that had been too small for years finally became too big.

* Lost my double chin (finally decided to shave my beard, there's nothing there to hide anymore)

* Having to buckle my belt one notch tighter... then having to buy a new belt and having to keep buckling that one another notch tighter.

* Kind of a weird one, but it made me happy... being able to touch my big toe to my nose w/ both feet... Losing weight has increased my flexibility.

* On that same note, being able to sit comfortably "Indian-style" with crossed legs.

I'm sure there's more, but there has been plenty of results that have kept me motivated along the way!
Again, the difference to your face is absolutely amazing. Thanks for posting your milestones. People like you and showmenow and your successes are also very motivational for me, I look at your achievements and KNOW it can be done!

I met my sister for coffee yesterday and she commented on my face as well, she asked right away if I had lost weight since the last time I saw her a couple of weeks ago. So my second little victory is that people are actually noticing
Old 01-29-2010, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

A couple of people at work also noticed and asked if I am losing weight this week. Another nice motivator!
Old 01-29-2010, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

This week I have noticed - again the face and neck are looking slimmer. My "fat pants" are falling down and I need a belt!! And as odd as this sounds, I am more comfortable in my own skin....I mean physically more comfortable. I can sit with my laptop on the sofa and not feel like I am pregnant!! That big belly feeling is not comfortable at all. Same with the double chin, I can look down without feeling like a have a big tight scarf wrapped around my neck. Yup, it feels GOOD to shed that unwanted "me"!! LOL!!
Old 01-30-2010, 11:31 PM
FitDay Member

well done eaglenana and kathie! I am getting comments at work too, probably due to the fact that I have dropped a size and my work clothes (tops, trousers and skirts) are too big for me now! And as a reward, hubby is forking out for some new clothes for me which I have no objections to whatsoever.

For the first time in a long time I am looking forward to clothes shopping. I know I have a long way to go, but I feel so much better about myself already!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.