View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
the5brainards
FitDay Member

Arrow Type 1 diabetic doing the 80/10/10 lf raw vegan lifestyle

HI! I am a 40 year old mom of 3 who has been an insulin dependent diabetic for over 15 years. I wear a pump and just got a constant glucose monitoring system this week. Hurray!!! I have felt for a long time that there must be a way to get off insulin by changing my diet. I then saw the movie 'Raw for 30 Days' about a year and a half ago and this led me on my current path. I immediately switched to a plant-based diet and then discovered Dr. Doug Graham's 80/10/10 diet. This is IT!!!! I have been doing it for over 6 months now and know that although I have my ups and downs giving up cooked food, this is a diet that gives me vibrant health...I did a one week retreat in Jan. '11 with a local woman who is one of the pioneers in the 80/10/10 lifestyle (Ellen Livingston at link removed) and I have never felt better in my entire life! I initially lost about 20 pounds and am probably not more than 10 or 15 pounds overweight now but am mainly here to log my food intake and make sure that I am eating enough calories...imagine that, I eat whenever I am hungry, all day long and still have to make sure I am getting enough calories on this diet! I would love to connect with other diabetics or people who are doing a low-fat raw vegan diet (lfrv).

Last edited by VitoVino; 12-15-2011 at 05:50 PM.
the5brainards is offline   Reply With Quote