Notices

Sugar content

Old 01-04-2010, 11:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default is "alcohol" your sugar intake?

I'm in the process of submitting my custom foods and notcied there isn't a "sugar" section, but did notice a section for alcohol.

I'm wondering if this is where I put in my sugar intake....
Old 01-05-2010, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

On most nutritional information labels on foods, sugar is a subsection under carbs.

Fitday doesn't currently track sugar separately. You should request it added as a feature, since it's something a log of diabetic or hypoglycemic need to track.

Alcohol is just alcohol.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

I just joined FitDay today and was in the process of setting up my custom foods and came up with this same question.

FitDay has a section for Fiber, which is also categorized under Carbs, so one would think they would also include a space for Sugars.

Overall this seems like a really great program for nutrition tracking.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

Post Tracking Sugar

I've seen several posts, where people asked about recording sugar. Even if it's recorded under the Carb section. Do we know if FitDay is considering adding a section for this.

I think FitDay is a great site, but sugar intake is something that is tracked by many dieters.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

I agree, "sugars" should be added under the carbohydrate section, right there with "fiber". I have just been leaving it off, but it would be nice to track this.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:34 AM
FitDay Member

I've always thought it odd to have alcohol in the nutrition tracker; I never see it on any label. One interesting observation though: sometimes when I log in whole grain bread, I get an alcohol reading on the pie chart. Curious.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:38 PM
FitDay Member

Seriously, I find it appalling that it doesn't track sugar. I know from using other tracking software that I don't get much sugar in my diet, but still, if it's on a nutrition label, it should be trackable in FitDay. Especially for those of us paying for it!
Old 01-08-2010, 05:12 PM
FitDay Member

I completely agree. I also wish it was possible enter everything in the "custom foods" that's in the "nutrition" section. Basically everything in the right column isn't enter-able, but I'm taking a multi-vitamin and would like to get a true intake percentage for things like pant. acid, etc. to know where I'm truly at.

Does anyone know if it's possible to contact them with suggestions. I'm new so still figuring everything out.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

I track my sugar in the Alcohol grams section. It is better than nothing.
I am surprised FitDay doesn't include it. Especially with so many people using Low Glycemic programs.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

I agree. We need to be able to track sugar. It is incomprehensible why FitDay doesn't include it. I hope they add this feature soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.