Thread: Atkins
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 06:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
monnikjuh
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsandwichjd View Post
Just curious if there's any critical information in the books that isn't on the Atkins website. I just kicked off an attempt at taking on Atkins today, but I'm not particularly interested in shelling out for diet books.

Until my wife got pregnant (2.5 long years ago), I'd been following a pretty principled GI diet, which works well for me. I fell off the wagon in a huge way (more so now that she's pregnant again and eating accordingly) and I've decided to start taking off some of this extra weight (40 lbs) by doing something a little more restrictive than the GI approach (but with its own appeal, being a little friendlier to fats)... once I get close to my goal weight I'll have to re-evaluate whether Atkins is still right for me, but my understanding is that once you hit the later phases, Atkins and GI share a lot, so maybe that won't be the case.

Anyhow, hope I can take off a big chunk of the weight before the second baby comes.
Hi, Well that is all about is generally found in the book really explained things well, and recipes. I do it 2 weeks and borrowed the first book in the library. Now I buy them online via a second site Link removed in Netherlands. Since I bought one of nou 10 euros and the others are there too. That was or
and because I am sure that I'll do a live Atkins probably get me that book and therefore it is handy if you need ofso equally clear that you can look into the books without the Internet / library to go and I think the book is good because you can even get asked to reflect on all the chapters and the first day and drives to the seventh day and then the 14 day and you simply experience discomfort etc. So then I one type of diet diary red line effect.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 02-21-2011 at 06:59 AM.
monnikjuh is offline   Reply With Quote