Notices

New

Old 03-23-2011, 03:42 PM
FitDay Member

Default New

Hi all I'm new to this site and started tracking today, I like how it's set up. I too have to loose more then 100#. first day wasn't so great. but i am making it threw!!! i have a hard time sticking with it. do good for a couple days and fall of the wagon, I'm ready to be done with looking like this. been heavy my whole life. smallest i got was a size 14, in my early 20's. found my wonderful hubby, got preg. and consistently gained weight for 15 years till today. now when i go into a rest. i ask for a table and prey they have one cause i have a hard time fitting into a booth. the steering wheel of my car is touching my belly, if i keep going the way I am, I won't be able to fit in my car, a dodge neon. My belly sits in my lap, instead of my cat. I would give you a weight but my scale quit after I hit 340. and that was 2 weeks ago. Boy that woke me up!!!! I can't even weigh myself. this is scary!!! I have got to change my way of thinking!!!, My lifestyle!!! I am a hair designer and nail tech. In my industry looks are everything. thats what i get paid to do. I have a wonderful clientel. But know that I am holding myself back, with my insecurities, which is my weight. I love what I do and am GREAT at what I do. but when your in the mall and want to walk in for a haircut, see 2 hairstylist, one skinny and one obese, both dressed nice, hair, make=up done. what goes threw your head? I know it sounds prejudice but i have seen it over and over, in the industry. don't know if it is subcon. or what? So I am here to learn and vent and laugh and do what i need to do to get this weight off!!!! trish
Old 03-23-2011, 06:11 PM
FitDay Member

Stick with it. Small steps still go forward and thats the direction you have taken. Good for you.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:41 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome! You have made the first big decision and that is knowing what you need to do. Congratulations on deciding to take control of your life. It is not easy but is definitely rewarding!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

Good Job for wanting to start! you aren't going to change over night, so don't let your set backs make you give up - just pick up where you left off!