View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 08:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
monnikjuh
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGBilbruck View Post
Ok so this is gonna sound wierd to some maybe but here goes. Do you weigh your food or measure it? Which do you prefer. I mean it can say 3/4 Cup and 29 grams so do you use a measuring cup and trust that it'll be 29 grams or do you just weigh everything. I am finding that I weigh everything put it all in grams most of the time and enter it into my food journal that way. I think I do this also so when I put together letts say like tuna salad today. I put it all in grams and when it's made I add up all the grams I added together in the bowl and divide it by serving I prepared so that I can portion out the right amount. Does this make sense? My husband thinks I'm crazy he says just grab a measuring cup and measure it. Am I being too anal about this whole thing. I tend to have a bit of OCD when it comes to certain things.
Thanks!

No, I do it by feel and it estimates a little. I have worked in a retirement home where they all measurement / weegde them and I know how much is about. I think if I go the roads then become a task of preparing food so I go in there to see.