Notices

Happy to be here!

Old 03-22-2011, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Happy to be here!

Hi everyone!

I知 new here!

First off all, I have to tell you that I知 not English speaker. So please be easy with my English and if there are some people in here who want to do the teacher I will be happy to take your advices to improve my English.

So for me, this forum is a two in one: I知 going to practice my English and get motivated for my weight loss!

So, I知 a girl of 23 years old and I come from Quebec, Canada.

I always have been overweight.

In August 2010 I had a bariatric surgery. Its help me to lose the first 30 pounds but after that the hunger come back. Fortunately the hunger didn稚 come back as before the surgery but did come back too much. I mean that according to Fitday when I don稚 particularly take care of what I eat (event thought I知 not eating fast food or drinking soda) my eaten calories number is the same that my burned calories.

So, since a couple of weeks I知 writing everything I eat and the exercises that I知 doing in my Fitday journal.

The reason I get obese is that I had a bad relation with food all my life. Fortunately, I have been in therapy 2 years ago and it helped me so much. So now that the eating disorder is a way, I can focus on my health. For this reason, I only weight myself once a month to don稚 get addicted to the scale like before.

In august 2010, I was 265 pounds and now I am 218 pounds. To get a healthy weight I still have 73 pounds to lose. Believe me I will work for it because now I understand better than ever the impact that the diet have on our life because I知 studding in nursing and see how obesity affect patients.

Thanks for reading my long presentation!

Wish to talk you soon on this forum!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:02 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Marilouf! Sounds like you are starting to go in the right direction. It is not an easy journey but we are all here to help support you though it! Jump in, ask questions & log all that you do. You will be surprised how much you will learn and how much easier the process will become as you stick with it!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:20 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you wildbeanerz!

And congratulation for your beautiful weight loss of the last month!
Old 03-22-2011, 10:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Marilou, welcome!

I've not been up to Quebec for years, but enjoyed a couple visits in the past. I'm in Maine so the borders not all that far away.

I think FitDay will really help you in your quest for weight loss and fitness--it's sure helped me.

If you have any questions or need help, just ask.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-22-2011, 08:17 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you Michael!