Notices

Good weigh in today

Old 03-12-2011, 01:14 PM
FitDay Member

Default Good weigh in today

Well, I had a good weigh in today. Lost 3 pounds this week. Still not the 5 pounds a week I was looking for. Took all the suggestions from last week and added more protein and water. Did weight training 3 days and cardio 3 days.

I will keep it up and see how next week go's.

Question for everyone. I was at Walgreens earlier today and saw a discount on Fish Oil tables, so I bought them. 1200mg soft gels. I hear everyone saying you should take these, does anyone have any feedback as to if I should take them and what benefits or difference should I look for?

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback last week.

Garry
Old 03-12-2011, 10:20 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Garry, good to hear from you again. Sorry you didn't get a 5lb week, but I bet you will if you keep up the great effort.

I tried fish oil in the past but they didn't set well so I quit taking them. I do eat fish a few times a week to get some Omega-3. I understand they are very good if you can stomach them. Also, I've been reading about Calcium and how it can help weight loss. Being rather lazy, though, I still just take a single multi-vitamin every day.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-20-2011, 11:53 AM
FitDay Member

I had a great weight-in today too! I've lost 11.5 pounds in three weeks since getting back on track with eating right and working out.

Anyway, as for fish oil, I notice less joint aches when I take them regularly, specifically in my knees. In general, they're supposed to be good for your circulatory system and joint lubrication. As a general rule, I don't take vitamins to notice great differences in how I look or feel, but to know I'm doing something good for my body. So I take the fish oil and a multi-vitamin every day. I get mine during buy one, get on free sales so I figure why not?!
Old 03-20-2011, 12:04 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by wannabefitgrl
I had a great weight-in today too! I've lost 11.5 pounds in three weeks since getting back on track with eating right and working out.

Anyway, as for fish oil, I notice less joint aches when I take them regularly, specifically in my knees. In general, they're supposed to be good for your circulatory system and joint lubrication. As a general rule, I don't take vitamins to notice great differences in how I look or feel, but to know I'm doing something good for my body. So I take the fish oil and a multi-vitamin every day. I get mine during buy one, get on free sales so I figure why not?!
I wonder if I got some bad fish oil back along? I just picked up some at Wally World, two bottles for six bucks and they seem to be fine. I also picked up some calcium. We'll see if any effect is noticed.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-21-2011, 03:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I have clinical depression so I take fish oil to help my brain, I also eat canned fish for an extra boost and it Really helps. I also have Crohn's disease and fish oil helps your gut run more smoothly.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:35 AM
FitDay Member

fish oil can go bad...aka it gets 'fishy'. I don't know if that's dictated by the expiration date that most vitamins come with or not...and I'm no expert in how to know the difference. But hopefully yours are good this time around!
Old 03-21-2011, 10:45 AM
FitDay Member

You might want to be careful with the vitamin D supplements, too much of a good thing can give you constipation.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:59 AM
Banned

I was also wondering about fish oil pills...guess next time I see buy 1, get 1 free I'll take advantage of it...
Anybody recommend any brands? or does it not matter.

Thanks!!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

I bought some and took one and was done. I was belching for about 3 hours after I took the pill and it tasted like fish. So for now I will stick with the daily multi-vitamin. Not sure if it is doing any good, but at least there are no side affects.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by gbargsley
I bought some and took one and was done. I was belching for about 3 hours after I took the pill and it tasted like fish. So for now I will stick with the daily multi-vitamin. Not sure if it is doing any good, but at least there are no side affects.
Yeah, that's what happened to me back along when I tried fish oil. These ones I picked up at Wal-Mart last week seem fine. I'm taking three a day w/meals and have not had the nasty fish belch experience.

Regards,
Michael