Notices

Logging into forums, losing "new threads"

Old 03-20-2011, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator

Default Logging into forums, losing "new threads"

Hi guys,

Just wanted to report an odd problem I'm having -- I've been having this happen a lot lately.

I often have the problem where, if I log some food, and then go to the forums, I click on a thread, it logs me out. Normally I just sigh and re-log in and go straight to the forums, and then it doesn't log me out.

However, now I'm finding that when I do that, all of the highlighted "new posts" (so I know what threads are active) are no longer highlighted, and it looks as though I've read everything upon my second log in (I hope that makes sense!). While it's not a huge deal, I did like seeing what forms had new posts so that I could keep up on the latest, and it's a little tedious to click through each and every thread I know the ones with the most recent posts are at the top (barring stickied threads), so that helps, but I would like to know if anything can be done about the problem.

Thanks very much!
Old 03-20-2011, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

For the past two days, I've sometimes clicked on a Forum link and it's given me a FitDay error page. I don't have to log in again, but there are times I can't access the forums at all, then later, it works.

I don't seem to have Terri's issue with the highlighted posts, though.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Yeah, it does that to me as well sometimes. I think what's happening is that the browser is losing (or updating) the cookie so the site no longer knows what's "unread". I don't know how to stop it--sorry!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-21-2011, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

Ah well, thanks anyway Michael I'll just keep on truckin' on! Maybe I'll check out my cookie settings at home, since it seems to do it more to me there, and not so much at work.

Could be a web browser thing too -- at home I use Google Chrome, at work it's Firefox.