View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 11:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
cazlar
FitDay Member

Default Help! Opinions please.... :)

Hi everyone! I wondered if you had any advice for me in losing a few pounds!

I'm a 22 year old female, 5'5, medium frame, and my weight tends to hover around 140lbs. I've been going to the gym 5-7 times a week, burning off around 750 calories each session (according to machines) with an hour of cardio followed by weights. I also do a keiser cycle class and body pump once a week with others thrown in occasionally. Using the 'fitday.com' calorie and activity tracker i am currently getting a calorie deficit of 1000kcals per day, (eating 1800, burning off 2800 for example). I feel like I am following all the fitness advice I can find online but don't seem to be losing much weight. I measure myself with a tape measure and weigh myself regularly and the losses im experiencing are not very impressive (I have been following this routine for a month now, where previously i went to the gym 4-5 times a week and didn't count calories, and would estimate that i've only lost around 2lbs in total, and 0-2cm in measurements). Occasionally I have a weekend off (visiting friends etc) where i dont go to the gym or watch what i eat for a couple of days and drink alcohol. Could this be what is setting my weightloss back? I only want to lose around 5-7 for the time being, do I need to lower my calorie intake further? Or am I just being too impatient?!
Thanks
Caroline
cazlar is offline   Reply With Quote