Notices

In case of weekend emergency, break glass...or click here!

Old 03-18-2011, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

Default In case of weekend emergency, break glass...or click here!

Okay, folks, we are approaching another weekend; some are already there!

A number of us have had tough weekends recently so I wanted to start a thread for tips and tricks, as well as to vent, 'fess up, or "call your sponsor" kind of thing.
One of my goals this week was to identify something each day I could do to help me through the weekend. So far I have:

1. Tell my family it's a tough time for me and ask for help.
2. Hang my bathing suit on the pantry door.
3. Plan meals out in advance.
4. Post here instead of mindlessly snacking.

Let's make this a REALLY good weekend...Mondays are bad enough as it is
Old 03-18-2011, 10:25 AM
FitDay Member

Great idea. I need to up my exercise this weekend. I've had a hard time getting at it this week. Meals should be okay as I have no plans to eat out. Keeping busy will be the key to burning instead of snacking. Mary
Old 03-18-2011, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Husband is on his way home with pizza *sigh.* I'm famished. Going to go eat a salad before he gets here, and I'm going to come back and be accountable for my actions afterward .
Old 03-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Had one large slice plain cheese and the crust of one of my son's slices. Announced to the family I was done with it for the night (DS then offered me more crust, how sweet ) and put the leftovers in the freezer.

It killed my carbs for the day, but I think the calories will work themselves out.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:14 PM
FitDay Member

Good job on reporting. Pizza is hard to resist. I buy a frozen one that is only 1000 calories for the whole thing -- just in case I cant stop at my 250 claorie serving. Have a great healthy weekend. I'm motivated as I am close to my April 1st goal. Mary
Old 03-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

I tip is to log your food BEFORE it goes in your mouth.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie great idea, weekends are always hard for me, between hubby and the kids doing the fast food and spending most of my weekend at Hockey rinks and the smell of Arena fries, it can be deadly for me. Tonight hubby brought home Pizza, and I didn't even go near the kitchen until they were all done, then I made an egg white omelette full of mushrooms, onions and cheese (working nights this was breakfast) Tomorrow we have a funeral to go to, we will go straight home afterwards rather than go to the hall for a huge buffet. Tomorrow nights dinner is already planned so no worries there, but Sunday is my sons 14th birthday and he wants an ice cream cake, this is a huge weekness for me so I may have to skip all food sunday and just eat the cake :-)
Old 03-18-2011, 02:52 PM
FitDay Member

I ate two small square pieces of pepperoni pizza tonight. The first time since I started this almost a month ago. The sad thing is, that I was so tired after I ate it that I just crashed into a nap. I felt horrible and even had the random thought that I didn't really look like I had lost anything at all.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Dee, I'm of the camp that if you continually deprive yourself, you'll end up bingeing, so you are smart to plan for some cake. Just be careful not to let yourself get too hungry during the day, because then you could end up eating more than you planned at night (oh, been there, done that...about a hundred times). What I did in cases like that, which may or may not sound right for you, was to eat, but eat less on the day of the treat, and then for a few days afterward just eat 100 calories fewer than I would have. The temptation is there to make up for it all at once, but IMO it always backfired. Good luck...I do not envy you the concession smells. It was very rough the seasons my son played baseball; now he plays tennis and there are no concessions .

Mary, congrats on being so close to your goal! I hope that gives you a good push of motivation to get through the weekend!

Hey Mike, some days I do, some days I don't. Usually, I eat breakfast, then put that in, then later load in what I know we'll have for dinner, then build lunch and snacks around that.

I think for accountability I want to post my logs for Sat and Sun. Where is the post where you were telling someone how to do that? Thanks!!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I think for accountability I want to post my logs for Sat and Sun. Where is the post where you were telling someone how to do that? Thanks!!
I don't know where it is. I usually log at least 1/2 the day if I think I'm going to have a hard time sticking to my guns, sometimes I'll log the entire day in the morning and then I just tweek it as I weigh my food.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.