View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
skanderfish
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 View Post
Please read the thread I stickied. How to create a custom food for weight or measure
I already had, and it does not seem to address my issue.

Quote:
For Measurement:
Lets assume that you don't want to weigh your food but have a set of measuring cups. Well you may have noticed in the previous example that "Cups, tsp, ect." wasn't an option.
I want to change the quantity measured, not the units of measure, which are just fine as is.

Quote:
1) click on the name of the food (not Add To Food Log), the nutrition info for the food comes up and you can click the drop down box next to "cup" and see all kind of measuring options.
The kind of measuring option is already just where I want it.

Quote:
2) click Customize This Food
No problem here.

Quote:
3) Enter the name of YOUR food
No problem here, either.

Quote:
4) If you want to keep it as "cup" just click Edit This Food and change the Nutrition Facts and click Create This Food and you are done.
No problem, I don't want the unit of measurement change. Nothing to do here.

Quote:
5) If you want to save it with a different way of measuring then change in to "tsp, tbsp" or what ever you want, then just click Edit This Food and change the Nutrition Facts and click Create This Food and you are done.
I don't want to save it with a different way of measuring, I want to save it with a different quantity measured. There appears to be no facility to do so. The quantity field in Edit Your Custom Food is not changeable.

It is certainly possible to enter the food in my food log, then change the quantity, but every additional click and keypress is physically painful and adds to the cumulative damage. I am trying to minimize these things; otherwise I would have no complaint. It's a disability issue.

If I used the same quantity every day, I could use Recent Foods, and often do, but sometimes the quantity I'm using today has not been recent enough.
skanderfish is offline   Reply With Quote