Notices

New to the group

Old 03-18-2011, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default New to the group

Just wanted to hi to all and thanks for having such a great site. I am a 46 year old that is looking forward to getting back into shape and eating better. Is there any special workout routines that this site recomends for beginners?
Old 03-18-2011, 03:54 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to FitDay and the forums!

FitDay doesn't really "recommend" any particular exercise routine as everyone is at different stages and have varying circumstances.

I basically walk, though I do use WiiFit sometimes and plan to start a more intensive program (P90X) this summer. In the past I've had good results with videos like Richard Simmons (don't laugh ;-) and Leslie Sansone--both good for beginners.

Post under the Exercise subforum and you may get more replies.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-18-2011, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the board!

Michael...I'd love to find an old Sweatin to the Oldies to get me started onto that type of exercise!
Old 03-18-2011, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the information. I have recently purchased P90X and Insanity. Both look to be very good. I am going to do P90X first and then Insanity to help burn that last bit of fat hopefully.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Michael...I'd love to find an old Sweatin to the Oldies to get me started onto that type of exercise!
Ha ha--mine are old VHS tapes. I should see if I can't transfer them to DVD. I have a few Leslie Sansone walking vids I should do as well. Richard and Leslie may not be hard core, but you can certainly work up a sweat with their vids. One reason I like them is the wide range of people they have--lots of plus sizes--not just the ripped bods you see in many exercise videos.

Regards,
Michael