Notices

TOTM question

Old 03-14-2011, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default TOTM question

So I have just started my weight loss (3 weeks in to be exact) and I was expecting to go about it a lot faster. The first week I was happy at 6.8lbs lost. The next week though was only 2.6lbs. This week was even less at 1.8lbs. So my question is this....my TOTM started on Tuesday 3/8 so would that have affected last week and this week's weight losses? I have never kept track of things like bloating before. I am hoping that I will show a better loss next week. I am sure that I am not over-eating. My calories out are usually just about double my calories in. So I am just wondering if this really could have that much effect on it?

Thanks!!
Old 03-14-2011, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Here on the forum we all refer to the beginning of a diet as "the honeymoon", because those changes that you make to lose weight have a very dramatic effect right out of the gate. After the few few weeks it slows down to a modest .5-3lbs/week, and that's if you're lucky and don't cheat and have miraculously figured out what works for you. As long as your weight loss graph has a general downward trend, that's about the best you can hope for. And TOTM most definitely has an effect on weight loss. Don't let it derail you completely, just stay the course, since the upswing on the scale is most likely water retention.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Ha! I think my 'honeymoon' got interrupted! I will say though that I am still experiencing changes in my body even though the scale slowed down these past two weeks. So I think if I kick it up a notch this week I should see a much better reading next week since hopefully I will have dropped that water weight that I have right now.