Notices

My younger sister died, I am motivated

Old 03-12-2011, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default My younger sister died, I am motivated

Morbid post, but it is time for me to get serious and lose the weight. My sister passed away recently from heart disease. Smoking, overeating and lifestyle took her from our family at 50.

I immediately joined the gym and a program called Biggest Winner in Ramona, CA. I have lost close to 10 pounds in 3 weeks and on my way.

I encourage everyone to take their life seriously. We may not have another day, another month or another year.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Cherrie,

welcome to FitDay! I'm sorry about your loss. It really sucks to lose a loved one. It's a good thing that you're now taking control of your health and I'm sure your sister would be proud of you for doing so. We learn a lot from our siblings and sometimes we learn some very hard lessons. Just take this as her giving you the gift of having a better, more healthy life.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss. This has motivated me as well. I am nearly 50 and although I do not smoke, or overeat, in fact I eat very healthily, I do drink to excess and have done so since I was 16 (exception being for 12 months when pregnant and then breast feeding). I consume a bottle of wine every night and sometimes more at weekends. I know I have to stop for my health but also I want to lose weight. I need to lose about 20lbs and if I just stopped the wine I could do it easily. However extremely stressful life /job etc means that I drink to unwind. I know it is slowly killing me and I did join a help group online but felt so judged. This is more my thing as interested in nutrition and love the way food and exercise can be tracked.

Start weight : 165lbs.
Goal weight: 147lbs - although that may be a bit low for my height and age - don't want a saggy neck!

Best of luck
Old 03-13-2011, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

Mike

I just checked out your pictures. Your before picture is just like my hubby is now - and I would love him to look like you do now so will show him what is achievable. You look really good, massive well done to you. :-)
Old 03-17-2011, 06:01 PM
FitDay Member

thanks for posting your pics - they are very motivating, LW
Old 03-17-2011, 11:19 PM
FitDay Member

Very sorry to hear about your loss. I too was motivated by a death in the family, although not one so close to me as a sister. Good luck on your journey and keep in mind that this forum is a really great place to come for help, inspiration and the occasional swift kick in the pants when you need it.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

Very sorry to hear about your loss. I am sure that your sister would be proud of you for making an effort to improve your life through the hard lesson she showed you.