View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 09:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kumochi
FitDay Member

I wish I could join you however this month would not be a good idea. I'm off to vegas for a week April 1st and while I plan on keeping active and eating well there will be a lot of meals eaten out.

Stopping the drive through habit was one of my most important changes. I eat lunch at my office 95 percent of the time. I prefer eating in to going out so picking up someting was a habit. I now brown bag it most days and keep emergency food at the office as well. I often take a salad with a left over chicken breast and some low calorie bread. I have found a Rye Bread and a Pumpernikel bread that have 65 calories per slice and taste good and are a real sized slice. Great for sandwiches without too many calories.

I live alone as well and agree too many things are 4 servings. I use pudding cups to avoid having to eat 4 servings in 2 days -- which always happens if I make my own dessert.

Good luck. It is well worth kicking the fast food habit and there are lots of great alternatives. keep us posted. Mary

Restarting Jan 11th, 2014
Starting weight: 201.6
Current weight: June 9, 2014 181.4
June 30th goal = 170

Ultimate goal Undecided ? 150 to be assessed once maintained for a while
Height 5' 3"
Age 67
Kumochi is offline   Reply With Quote