View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #180 (permalink)
Mern
FitDay Member

Geez, Cassie! Running for 35 minutes sounds like a wonderful amount of exercise to ME! I'm sure everyone here will agree that you deserve kudos for that. And kudos on all your other achievements this week. Best wishes at the BBQ.

Rhoda, like Cassie, I'm sure you tried your best at the restaurant. It is indeed nuts out there and you have every right to be proud that you got right back on th bus when you got home. A lot of people blow their food goal for the day and then figure they'll just eat whatever they want for the rest of the day and start anew the next day. I've done it many times in the past. I'm lucky that when I eat out, MOST of the time I know ahead of time and MOST of the time I can go online and find the restaurant's menu and make my food choices ahead of time. I even write it down. LOL on taking your own lunch from home. But I do tote my own homemade salad dressing and am not embarrassed to use it instead of the restaurant's. Still, I go over sometimes--like yesterday we ate our evening meal at 3PM and I went over in carbohydrates snacking in the evening. And sometimes the temptation at a restaurant is just more than I can bear. Enjoy your vacation from the kids. Be sure to give yourself some pampering and fun time amid the spring cleaning.

Muna, that milkshake with the soymilk and bananas sounds delicious. What's the taboo with the nuts--too high fat or too much sodium? I can eat unsalted almonds, pecans, and walnuts. I can't eat bananas, but I found a delicious banana flavored protein shake powder that I enjoy. Thanks for the great tip on entering the custom food in the nutrition tracker--sounds easier than how I do it. I've been figuring mine by U.S.A. cups or ounces of weight or by the entire weight or measurement of the dish and then entering the appropriate decimal. I'm going to try your way next time--entering custom food initially by 100 gram portions and thereafter logging the appropriate decimal.

Mike, I did the same thing yesterday. After I reached my carb limit for the day, I snacked on a high fiber, low carb tortilla with muenster cheese and a large strawberry. And I think it's OK to do that occasionally--as long as it's good nutritious food.

My Friday achievements:
Calorie limit 1600, actual 1571
Carb less fiber limit 25g, actual 29.3
Got in my omega-3 with flaxmeal

Water goal 64 oz., actual 53

Exercise--new record of 1.2 miles at the park.
Weight 3/26/2014 223.4
Current weight 4/4/2014 221.2

Last edited by Mern; 03-12-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Mern is offline   Reply With Quote