New to all of this!!

Community
Notices

New to all of this!!

Old 03-08-2011, 03:16 PM
FitDay Member

Smile New to all of this!!

hi everybody!

i'm new to the site and really need some help! i'm standing in my friends wedding in march 2012, and i've never "had" to diet before.... i know i should have long before i let my weight get this out of control, but i guess when you look at yourself daily you dont realize how fluffy you're getting! then you get around friends or family you haven't seen in ages and they are not shy about letting you know oh well, i know i can do this! I have a desk job that usually has me sitting for 6 to 8 hrs a day, and we never get to take a lunch break, so eating healthy at work is hard. I usually only get to snack at work. any tips or suggestions would be very much appreciated!
Old 03-08-2011, 03:35 PM
FitDay Member

May I suggest smaller meals? Like grazing, just don't eat too much at once. I do that and I've noticed a difference in my weight. Also, Welcome and good luck. Find someone to keep you on track, that can be a huge help.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:36 PM
FitDay Member

Maybe make a lunch that you can easily eat while at the computer desk...
Like a Wrap, Sandwich, some containers of fruit and vegetables to snack on, maybe a fruit+veggie bar = you can probably get really good ones at the healthfood store. Yogurt smoothy with protien powder ( put in a thermos before you go? ) Really you can take almost anything with you and eat it quick while you work. Anything liquid would be extremely easy to consume when multitasking. Even a salad, and take a bite every few mins if you have to. Thats what I'd do.

And welcome to fitday