Notices

Time for a positive change

Old 03-10-2011, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default Time for a positive change

I am needing to loose at least 40 lbs. I have been carrying a good amount of weight on me and I am miserable. I have no energy, down all the time, and I feel it has put a strain on my relationship with my husband. Or maybe it is just me in general. I am looking forward to getting advice and encouragement from others to help me get in shape. I wish everyone the best of luck in their goal!!
Old 03-10-2011, 03:51 AM
Super Moderator

collvm,

Welcome! Know that you can do this You've already taken a great first step -- this is not just a diet, but it's a positive change that will do much more for your life than change some numbers on a scale.

Do you have a plan at all? A calorie or exercise goal in mind? A good first start is to look around these forums for some threads to help get you information and motivated, and also to plug in some of your statistics (like your height, weight, age) into Fitday, start logging what you eat, and see recommendations to start changing your diet. The catch is- you gotta log EVERYTHING The good, the bad, the ugly, and the weird!

You'll see how you're doing now and can decide what changes to make from there. Good luck, and we're here if you have questions!

~Terri
Old 03-10-2011, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

When I got started the best thing I did was to log what I ate for 3 days, not dieting just studying. It's hard to get where you want, if you don't know where you are. Then I just started looking for ways to improve my diet and my exercise. Good luck honey and don't be afraid to ask questions, vent, cry, scream etc etc.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:55 PM
FitDay Member

Talking

Originally Posted by collvm
I am needing to loose at least 40 lbs. I have been carrying a good amount of weight on me and I am miserable. I have no energy, down all the time, and I feel it has put a strain on my relationship with my husband. Or maybe it is just me in general. I am looking forward to getting advice and encouragement from others to help me get in shape. I wish everyone the best of luck in their goal!!
Welcome to fitday.
You know what, I am right there with you. I am depressed most of the time, I never go out, etc etc. I'm glad to see someone else making the choice to change this. I know that if we keep to our goals we can overcome our weight issues, and self-esteem problems. If your husband feels a strain, its probably due to concern for you. Being miserable effects everyone around us. Good job making this step. I believe in you. You and I both will feel so much better soon, and your husband can stop worrying about you being so down. Maybe if he isn't so healthy, maybe you can inspire him to make some changes as well. Good luck on your journey, stay strong.

P.S I've only made a serious effort for 5 days now, and already I catch a few glimpses of happiness. It REALLY WORKS.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:43 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

I was like you a few months ago, depressed, unhappy relationship strain and all that fun stuff. Woke up one day and said enough I am going to do what is best for me and what will make me happy and in turn be better on my relationship. It has been up and down battle for years, but this time I can actually say I will stay in control and no one will get in my way. Jan. 1,2011 started at my all time high of 200lbs Started tracking what I was eating making changes along the way, I am doing 60 min. Zumba 6 days a week, and curves 4-5 nights a week. I have lost 21 lbs which I think it should be more so this week uping my protein and decreasing my carbs. I do get a little bummed when I know how hard I am working at this and the scale isn't budging but I just keep plugging along. I usually try to stay between 1200-1400 calories. Lots of protein, Fiber, cardio and water...30 more to go and I will be happy more would be better but I can live with 150.