Notices

I'm a newbie

Old 03-08-2011, 10:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm a newbie

Hola,
I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a 42 year old stay home mom w/no regrets. I'm very tired, peri menopausal and looking for other friends going through the same stage of life, if you're a peri menopausal mom, please add me!!

I love to cook everything and am following the Mediterranean Diet as much as possible. We are a processed food free home for almost 2 years so I make everything we eat, literally! The goal is to get our nutrition from our food.

I've exhausted my adrenal glands from excessive exercise and stress. Joined this site to help me balance out my nutrition to heal those glands. This site offers more than the site I've been using. Thank you FitDay for offering this information to a fatigued mommy!

I'm currently 13.5 pounds from my goal!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay. I'm not a peri menopausal mom so I may not be of much help but wanted to welcome you.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:11 AM
FitDay Member

You didn't miss anything, Mike. LOL! Welcome to FitDay, funnygirl. I'm not perimenopausal either, but I can tell you that there's light at the end of the tunnel. Looks like you're doing well already with the homemade food.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

thank you for the welcome! I agree, you aren't missing much. Besides that, men have their own menopause to go through
Old 03-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Hi funnygirl! I am in a similar boat. I can't say I'm fully perimenopausal yet, though it is probably just starting to knock at my door. I'm 43, married, and have one son, who's 14. I work outside the home, but I make my own schedule and can work at home a lot, so I'm usually only out working 1 1/2 or 2 days a week. I'm really lucky with that. I've been cooking more and more things from scratch lately; I've always done meals that way but have recently added other things, like bread, granola bars, pizza, crackers, etc. The more I know about nutrition, the more it makes sense, and I'm fortunate to have the time to do it. There is a cooking from scratch thread in the Foods section you could probably contribute a lot to!

Good luck with your 13 pounds. It's definitely do-able and everyone here is very supportive. If you have any questions or need anything, just ask! Check out some of the other threads and post wherever you find the inspiration! Welcome to FitDay!