View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 10:08 AM   #496 (permalink)
mecompco
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery16226 View Post
Hello, i'm new here.
First off, Congrats everyone on losing weight, you have obviously had to work very hard, and you managed to keep at it! Thats amazing, and you have all earned a ton of respect, and i look up to every one of you. I'll be here to support as much as i can. And i really am happy to see that i'm not entirely alone in this.
I have 100 pounds to lose before i'm in the "normal healthy BMI" range.. and then i will hopefully lose some more after, i would rather be closer to under-weight then overweight. So i'm aimming to be on the safe but low end of "healthy body weight" But for now, 100 seems like a big enough number *faints!*
I am motivated to lose this weight within 1 year. Losing weight can only mean good things for me. Today i ran for 26 mins on the elliptical machine. Tomorrow i'm aimming for 30. I realy need this kind of a community right now, any help or advice, or even just a messege to me will be very appreciated.
I'm kind of hoping to have a friend in this. or someone who wants to just talk to me once in a while. Thats all

~ Misery
~ 250lbs
~ 19 years old
Good to see you here and ready to take care of your situation.

I agree 100 pounds can seem daunting (try facing almost three times that!). The thing to do is to forget about the last 99 and focus on the next one pound. Losing one pound is pretty easy--if you can do that, the rest will take care of themselves.

There is no reason you can't reach your goal within a year if you stick to it. If there's anything we can do to help, just let us know--all of us understand what you're facing.

Regards,
Michael

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote