First Couple of Days

Community
Notices

First Couple of Days

Old 03-04-2011, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb First Couple of Days

Good morning to everyone,

I can see that everyone has different reasons to be here and very different goals.

Mine are very simple. I am a mother of 2 and now that my boys are older I am trying to take car of me. I have been doing the weight wathcers program for a couple of years and just never seem to make my goal. I have been as close as 3 pounds and then slip.

I am looking for another forum to find inspiration from and support. Also, I got a friend who is trying to get "buff" with me from a long distance and this way we can keep in touch.

I am only about 10lbs heavier then my highschool age and that is my goal. The weight would be nice to have off, but I am looking more for definition and shape in my muscles and body.

I enjoy working out and always find it a challenge to find the time (hence motherhood, LOL). I do cardio in a variety of methods: walk the dog, run on the treadmill or use the elliptical trainer (it's still cold winter here), skiing and swimming. Once the cold and ice and snow are gone I am looking forward to running outside.

Always looking for tips and ideas. Like to try new things.

TJ
Old 03-05-2011, 01:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

TJ, welcome to FitDay and the forums.

Take a look around some of the sub-forums and you'll find plenty of folks at similar places on their fitness journies and lots of ideas to help you on yours.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-05-2011, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tj-fisher
I am a mother of 2 and now that my boys are older I am trying to take car of me.

I enjoy working out and always find it a challenge to find the time (hence motherhood, LOL).
Welcome to FitDay TJ. Lowering your body fat with clean eating and weight training is a great way to show muscle definition. I found two things that you said to be interesting. If your kids are older and you really want to focus on you, then why would being a mother be an obstacle... unless the focus still isn't on you? I don't know how old your boys are or if they live in your home but if they are old enough to fend for themselves and you really want to take the time out for yourself, then just do it.