View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #491 (permalink)
mecompco
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaruby View Post
hi i just found this sight i weigh 253 pounds i have over 100pounds to lose and cant do much exercise because ive had surgery on my backand have very bad knees i have cut back on my calories and exercised this past week as much as i could due to health and i have gained weight instead of lost i started at 250 pounds i dont know what i am doing wrong any suggestions would be most helpful
Hi Linda, and welcome to FitDay and the forums!

What is your eating plan? While various calorie mixes may result in slightly faster or slower rates of loss depending upon your body, at the end of the day it is "calories in vs. calories out" that counts.

If you, on average, burn more calories than you consume, you WILL lose weight--it's just that simple.

So, you need to come up with a calorie limit that is A) significantly less than your daily calorie burn and B) enough that you stay satisified (not continuously hungry) thus being less apt to "cheat" or quit.

Add in any amount of exercise you're able to, and drink lots (and lots and lots) of water and I guarantee you WILL lose weight.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Regards,
Michael

May 4, 2010...... 440? lbs. (Start FitDay Size 60 Jeans)
June 19, 2010.... 393 lbs. (First Weigh-in)
June 19, 2011.... 229 lbs. (164 lbs. gone in one year :-)
Current Weight... 185 lbs. (Size 36 Jeans)

Next Goal 169 lbs. (07/04/12)
Ultimate Goal 165 lbs. (12/31/12)

The best exercises for weight loss are Fork Putdowns and Table Pushaways.

mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote