Water Intake >

Water Intake

Community
Notices

Water Intake

Old 02-19-2011, 10:24 PM
FitDay Member

Default Water Intake

I imagine this question has come up before but as I am fairly new here and can only go so far back reading forum threads(too many of them) so I thought I would bring it up.

I absolutely hate drinking water, I can go days or even weeks without a drop of water passing my lips. I know that all of the experts say that water is vital to losing weight and I want to know what can be considered drinking water.

If I add a Crystal light package to the water is it still considered drinking water? What about my tea or coffee in the morning, I boil the water and add a whole bunch of it to both, in fact technically isn't tea just flavoured water, you aren't actually ingesting the tea, just the aroma's. I know I am stretching here but I am willing to justify just about anything that will make it possible for me to avoid the dreaded water.

Dee
Old 02-20-2011, 12:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to the forums!

Crystal Lite is fine--it's still considered water. Tea is good, too. Some say coffee doesn't count. I drink a good amount of black coffee and don't personally count it in my water intake but I don't have anything against doing so.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-20-2011, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Micheal you are my savior, if I can count all of the tea and or coffee I consume in a day as water then I am way ahead of the game. The first ingredient in diet coke is carbonated water, don't supose I can count that too?
In all seriousness thank you for the welcome and congrats on your amazing weight loss to this point. As you are a moderator I would like to ask a quick question, how do I put my weight losses at the end of my messages as you have done? Tomorrow is the end of week one and I would like to post my results.

Dee
Old 03-04-2011, 05:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Dee you are not going to be happy with me but I have a comment. Coffee and tea are diuretics, thus dehydrating and for every mug of one of those you are supposed to drink a large glass of water to replace the fluid lost due to that beverage. If a Urologist wants you drinking more water, for instance to prevent kidney stones, it does not include coffee or tea. Bummer, I know. Stock up on Crystal Light!!
Old 03-04-2011, 05:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Meggietye
Dee you are not going to be happy with me but I have a comment. Coffee and tea are diuretics, thus dehydrating and for every mug of one of those you are supposed to drink a large glass of water to replace the fluid lost due to that beverage. If a Urologist wants you drinking more water, for instance to prevent kidney stones, it does not include coffee or tea. Bummer, I know. Stock up on Crystal Light!!
Yes, coffee is considered by many to be a mild diuretic (a substance that increases one's rate of urination). Water, also, is a diuretic. I don't personally count coffee in my water intake, but I don't see that it's the bugaboo that it's often portrayed as. Of course, as with this whole weight loss/nutrition thing, everyone's mileage may vary!

Regards,
Michael