View Single Post
Old 03-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #82 (permalink)
taubele
FitDay Member

I haven't noticed a gigantic change in the shape of my body or anything like that, but I do note that I feel more balanced and peaceful throughout the day.

Largely, this is coming down to two things for me:

1) I have had stomach/digestive troubles since I was a baby. My mother loves to tell stories of how she was constantly switching me around on my diet (breast milk/soy formula/regular formula) because I seemed to develop an allergy to one or another at whim. I'm not lactose intolerant, nor do I have food allergies as an adult, but I simply have a very sensitive and reactive stomach. Since I've started on Fitday, those troubles have virtually disappeared. I didn't know what it was like, really and truly, to go a day without having stomach distress. It's a lovely feeling.

2) I don't WANT to sit around and do nothing anymore. I'm more active around my house. I used to plunk my body down in front of the TV or computer the moment I got home and heave a sigh of relief. Now I don't want to unless it's productive. I've taken up crafts again. I go out on weekends. I have the energy to do this. I *love* it.

However, the compliments of "You look like you're losing weight!" are nice too!
Weight 8/30/13 = 179.8 (net: -35.4)
Current mini-goal: 175 lbs.
Lowest weight: 156.7 lbs.
150.2 lbs. <--- Official "Healthy BMI" weight
Estimated final goal: 130 lbs.
"You don't have to change your life today. You only need to change your day today."
taubele is offline   Reply With Quote