Notices

Tilapia ideas?

Old 03-01-2011, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tilapia ideas?

I am not a fan of fishy tasting fish. I have had tilapia before, but never really prepared it myself. I have gotten the frozen spinach stuffed tilapia and stuff. I also have gotten this crusted crushed red pepper tilapia once. I have loved it every way I have gotten it, be in a resturant, or frozen. Any idea's on how I can prepare it myself? I bought two filets yesterday. I would love any idea's!!!

Tina
Old 03-01-2011, 01:29 AM
Super Moderator

Here's a previous thread on the same topic:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...s-tilapia.html

And this is similar:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ishy-fish.html
Old 03-01-2011, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Tina
Old 03-01-2011, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

I coat the fillets in a cajun spice mix and fry them in nonstick pan or bake them. They are also good just cooked plain. They cook very quickly - about 2 minutes per side. Mary
Old 03-01-2011, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

They are great cooked in an aluminum foil packet on the grill, just add a few thin slices of onion, salt & pepper and the lightest drizzle of EVOO and grill for 2-3 minutes per side. Another fun way to cook them is using Rachel Rays recipe for "Honey Nut Chicken Sticks" only use tilapia instead of chicken and cut the cooking time in half.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

mmm Tilapia one of my favorite fishes to cook at home & it cooks fast. there are two ways i do it. i either mix equal parts mayo & mustard coat fish & sprinkle it with black peper & cook it on a non-stick pan. the other way i cook it is cilantro on the fish in the pan then add some water & some lemon juice put the lid on & let it almost poach/steam. very tender & yummy.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks guys and gals. All this is sounding so good! I can not wait to cook up my tilapia now! So many good ideas. I think I am going to make the tin foil packets tomorrow night for dinner. I am so looking forward to trying it. But now I have like 6-7 ways I wanna try it. I might be eating a lot of tilapia. :P

Tina
Old 03-01-2011, 10:21 AM
FitDay Member

This thread led to my buying sole and haddock when shopping today! I like the sound of the foil package too. I have done that with salmon with some lemon and dill in the package.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:26 PM
FitDay Premium Member

...another way to cook tilapia is with orange juice on orange slices.
Slice an orange and lay them in a pan, lay the tilapia on them to keep them up off the floor of the pan. Pour some orange juice in the pan and sprinkle fish with lemon pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer with lid on. Wonderful! ,, serve on bed of romaine.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:02 AM
FitDay Member

meggie ~ that sounds so good cooking with the oranges.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.