Notices

Create a new food

Old 02-18-2011, 12:51 PM
FitDay Member

Default Create a new food

Could some one please tell me why and how can I fix my problem. I have quite a few foods in my create list, for some reason yesterday, all the carb amounts have gone to zero. They were all there the day before, I tried entering the food again and still dosent show the carb amount. Ive spent a lot of time putting these in, can any one help, what do I need to do

Thanks
Old 02-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

hmmm, that's a new one. I'll bring this to the attn. of Admin.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:50 PM
FitDay Member

Oh thanks Mike, Im really cheesed off about it. As Im on a programme with a trainer and have to keep track of my cals. If I cant sort it I will have to find another site and go through entering all that information again
Old 02-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

I can imagine the aggravation. I wish a had an answer for ya. Hopefully we'll hear something back soon.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:18 PM
FitDay Member

Default Creating Custom Foods by Linking Ingredients

I would like to have the ability to create custom foods by linking or clustering other foods in the database that are the ingredients. For example, if every morning I have an egg white, veggie, and feta cheese omelet, rather than searching and adding each ingredient separately, I'd like to create a custom food called "Egg white, veggie, and feta cheese omelet" by linking egg whites, veggies, and feta cheese just one time, so that in the future all I'd have to select is the "Egg white, veggie, and feta cheese omelet" custom food.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mcavaretta
I would like to have the ability to create custom foods by linking or clustering other foods in the database that are the ingredients. For example, if every morning I have an egg white, veggie, and feta cheese omelet, rather than searching and adding each ingredient separately, I'd like to create a custom food called "Egg white, veggie, and feta cheese omelet" by linking egg whites, veggies, and feta cheese just one time, so that in the future all I'd have to select is the "Egg white, veggie, and feta cheese omelet" custom food.
you can, just go to the next day and you'll have a blank food log, enter in everything you use and take the total of everything and make it a custom food.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
you can, just go to the next day and you'll have a blank food log, enter in everything you use and take the total of everything and make it a custom food.
Thanks, but I meant I'd like to have this as a feature of the product, rather than having to do it manually. If I just enter the totals that show on the food log, I won't have any of the nutrient information added to my nutrients report.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:24 PM
FitDay Member

Default Nutrient info

It is rather cumbersome, especially since you need to delete the stuff from the next day's log if you don't eat the same things again, but if you click the nutrition tab on the report box below the actual food log, it gives you the rest of the info to put into the custom food creator.

I do, however, have a problem with the creator function at the moment... I click "Create" and it acts as if I've clicked "cancel", going straight back to my food log without creating the food. I have a LOT of custom foods, so maybe I've reached the limit or something? I don't know if there IS a limit, but I can't see any reason for the failure?