View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 05:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
cjohnson728
Super Moderator

Hi Kris, just wanted to join in and welcome you to the forums.

I am so sorry about your dad. That is a big hurt, I know from experience, and I can't imagine having it happen at such a young age, as yours did. I know it is hitting you hard that it was preventable and I applaud your commitment to start taking care of yourself. The power to make changes is yours and only yours, which is a blessing and a curse. You control your future in this area...what an opportunity and what a responsibility!

There are a lot of people here who can answer questions and provide support. Do your best to focus on you and take care of yourself and surround yourself with people who can help you achieve your goal of becoming healthy.

I know the situation with your mom is hard. It's tough to watch someone you love self-sabotage. At the end of the day, though, you have to take care of you and she has to take care of herself. But she may make changes yet. After years of begging, cajoling, rationalizing, and arguing on the part of the family, my mom finally quit smoking - at age 77. She just had to decide on her own that it was time; nothing we did or said made any difference.

I am really glad that you are making the decisions you are for yourself while you are young. You will thank yourself for it, trust me. Being healthy feels so good.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Rose, thinking of you as that anniversary gets closer. I know it is tough. Just look at how far you've come, not just on the weight journey, either. Take care of yourself.

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote