Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
What would you do at the movie theatre? >

What would you do at the movie theatre?

Community
Notices

What would you do at the movie theatre?

Old 02-19-2011, 01:05 PM
FitDay Member

I agree with Mike (01gt4.6) - I would try to eat a meal soon before going to the movies, then you will be less tempted to snack on whatever they have.

If that's not possible, I think the next best solution is to get some unbuttered popcorn and either water or a diet soda. That is probably the lowest calorie option, unless you were to eat a partial serving of some candy they sell there - but that might be too tempting to only eat part of it? Depends on your will power :-D
Old 02-19-2011, 06:38 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Well, I went to the Movie Theatre

I am very proud of myself, all i had was water, lol, my brother ate chocolate covered peanuts, but that was okay, I was distracted by the movie. Thanks guys for your replys. I also did eat before I went, which helped alot.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Well done Tiffany!

I'm glad you had the wisdom to ask. I think it allowed many of us to think about our behavior and reactions to eating in the movie theater.

Next time will be even easier

Pam
Old 02-26-2011, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

After the local newspaper's health section did an article on whats in a medium sized popcorn with butter, I can safely say I would never touch it again. 97 grams of fat! Thats almost 3 times the amount of fat I eat in an entire day!
Don't think the movie places here frisk you for food, although they can check if they suspect it, but if they were to find something, you could say 1. you have allergies 2. you are diabetic. Then again, thats only if you aren't opposed to fibbing.