View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
cjohnson728
Super Moderator

Smile Hi Diane

Thank you so much for sharing your story. You have been through a lot of heartbreak and you are still kicking and thinking forward. You are a survivor and with that mentality you can lose your weight, get healthier, and do anything you want!

It is great that you make so many connections about how your eating and your emotions go together. You are already a step ahead in knowing yourself well. That's good to hear.

It is great to have you here on FitDay and I am looking forward to watching for posts about your progress (post your frustrations, too...we all do!).

One thing that came to mind with the "intimacy issues" you brought up is that maybe your boyfried is more distanced from your insecurity and poor body image than by your body itself. For men especially, women who are secure and confident in their bodies (even those of us without perfect bodies) are the most attractive. So maybe we could get to work on your self-image. What parts of you do you feel good about? Literally in one post a few weeks ago I said ears and feet, for example! Retraining the negative thoughts we have about ourselves is so hard, but it makes a BIG difference in us when we do!

*You could post on the thread "is anyone tired of not feeling sexy" in this same section and get some good feedback on this issue, I'm sure.

Good luck! You can do this! I and I am sure others respect you tremendously for continuing to plug along after all the stress and loss you have experienced.

And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good.
-John Steinbeck

Last edited by cjohnson728; 02-19-2010 at 01:12 PM.
cjohnson728 is offline   Reply With Quote