View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 01:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Bazzgirl
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy1234567 View Post

I am 51, had hypo thyroid for 4 years. No matter what, I cant loose weight.

Is anyone else with problems like this. sure would help to know I am not the only one.

Any one had success on a certain diet plan?

Would love to hear from you

thank you
Tammy:

This is my first post, but I wanted to respond because I'm much in the same boat as you, and I recently lost 19 pounds. I am 47, Hashimoto's (always cold, hair loss, insomnia), and I was overweight. I run, was considering getting a personal trainer because even all my gym time could not get the weight off; it was like my metabolism slowed completely. Nothing I did worked, and I was desperate.

An acquaintance told me about the HCG diet and I decided to try it. I was a skeptic, and currently enrolled in Weight Watchers (even though I failed at it twice before), but I would try anything at this point.

I have to preface this with a few things: first, I am a disciplined person, and I can follow directions and exercise regimens, as long as they are reasonable. Second, I CANNOT diet if I am hungry, dizzy, weak, etc., which is all the things I felt on Weight Watchers. It was never enough food for me, which is probably why I failed at it. Twice.

I went to an HCG counselor and started the program. It does take discipline, but it is very simple, very healthy, and I was never, ever hungry. The amazing thing about the program is that the weight loss is rapid, so 42 short days later, the weight was gone.

Now though, to maintain my current weight, I am completely Paleo, by Mark Sisson. He has a website you can check out, "Mark's Daily Apple", for inspiring stories and great weight loss tips. I use his recipes, his book, all his advice; it's basically an extension of the HCG thing with no pasta, rice, legumes, sugar, potatoes. There are lots of before/after pictures of people who lost weight on this type of eating, but I didn't discover this site until after I lost my weight. Otherwise, I think it's really good, and it works for me.

I hope I didn't drone too long, but if it can help you, I wish you all the best.
Bazzgirl is offline   Reply With Quote