Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
Coming to terms with being 100 lbs overweight and turning 58 >

Coming to terms with being 100 lbs overweight and turning 58

Notices

Coming to terms with being 100 lbs overweight and turning 58

Old 02-24-2011, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default Coming to terms with being 100 lbs overweight and turning 58

It took ten years to gain it and I don't want to take ten years to lose it. Am hoping this FitDay site will inspire me, encourage me, motivate me and make me feel better about myself. It is so embarrassing to be this overweight. I am hoping to find myself again.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:03 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay.

Get SERIOUS, commit to do this for your health and happiness and the weight will fall off.

There are couple 100 pound threads going around, check them out.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:24 AM
Super Moderator

Hi AnnieB; welcome to FitDay.

Think about how good it will feel to be 60 and be in better shape, and feeling better, than when you were 50. Keep your eye on the prize, work the program, and you can get there. Hope to see you around the forums!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Annie. I second what Cassie said. I am looking forward to my 65th birthday in August and plan on being in the best shape I've been in in years. This program has a lot of support and help to offer -- and the weight does go off faster than in went on when you are working at it. Watch for all the good side effects of looking after yourself. They will keep you going. Mary
Old 02-24-2011, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on taking the first step. There will be days when it's hard, okay it's hard pretty much every day for a few minutes at a time. But there is one quote I think of when I'm struggling: "Being overweight is hard, eating healthy and being in shape is hard, so choose your hard". A year ago I was in exactly the place you are today, only I was facing 41 and 124 pounds overweight. You can do this.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:59 AM
FitDay Member

How do you locate the 100lb. Threads?
Old 02-24-2011, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

When you click on the forums od discussion tabs there are several subtitles. There are 100 pound threads under dieting tips (unisex\0 and women only. I think there is one under men only too.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:02 PM
FitDay Member

welcome you are in the right place. i love almkeepers quote & its so true. you can do this. you are off on the right start.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Annie, before a dietician introduced me to FitDay a couple of years ago, I had tried to lose weight, but found that there just wasn't enough feedback when I did it on my own. I started out at 5'8", 265 lb., and took off 20 lb. when I was using this site. I kept the 20 off, and after taking time out to have a couple of major surgeries (not bariatric), I'm starting again at 243 lb. Being COMPLETELY out of shape, I had a physical and a stress test, and got the go-ahead from my doctor to start exercising again. The real beauty of this site is that it gives you SO much positive feedback when you're sticking to your program, and it can tell you what you're doing right and what you need to improve on nutritionally. With all the goofy "diets" out there, this is important! I use the journal to give myself a pat on the back when I've done well. I also use the reports every day to see how I'm doing. Start out with a program you can stick to, even if you want to drop the weight fast. Having a routine that can be maintained is much more likely to help you keep losing! I started out a week ago (!) with an unimpressive 1.5 miles on the treadmill at 2.6 mph. The first day, it felt like a lot. This morning, it was actually easy, and this is after ONE week. I'm soon to be 63 years old, so if I can do this, you can do this. I've modified my diet to include a LOT more veggies, chicken and fish, and rediscovered a taste for salads for lunch. I've gone from eating a whole package of Oreos while watching TV (ack!) to eating a totally balanced diet of 1500-1800 calories and exercising half an hour a day. Again, doesn't sound like much, but it's DOABLE. After just a few days, I feel terrific: more alert, more active, and in a much better frame of mind. FitDay has really been a lifeline for me. I'll weigh in the next time I see the doctor (March) and see what's going on with the weight, but obviously if I'm burning close to 3,000 calories a day and eating half that, I'm losing. Just set a reasonable goal and promise yourself that you'll stick to it. Some mornings, I have to tell myself, "Hey! You PROMISED!" in order to get me motivated. But this is a really great site, and if you use it, you WILL lose weight!
Old 02-25-2011, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.