Notices

Workout Music

Old 02-15-2010, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb Workout Music

Does anyone have any exercise songs that they really want to share? I've been trying to create a workout playlist but I don't know anything about fitness music. Everything I put on the playlist seems to classical. lol
Old 02-15-2010, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

i go with fast passed songs. I have abba, village people, tina turner, queen, acdc, monkeys, songs from greese, pink, black eyed peas. just to name a few. i say pick stuff you LOVE. if that's classical that's classical. for my bf it's jazz. something look look forward to listening to.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator

This is hard to answer...music preferences are so individual. I look for songs with a good tempo and beat that work for me on the treadmill. This can be anything from older rock such as the Who, AC/DC, Guns 'n Roses, Metallica, etc. to newer stuff such as the Killers, Black Eyed Peas, Alice in Chains, Pink...I also look for songs that maybe don't have a killer beat but that are very inspiring to me personally, that help me keep going when my legs are tired...right now I'm on Resolution by Jack's Mannequin and I Will Not Bow by Breaking Benjamin.

(Some Queen is a good idea...thanks Stacey!).

I have noticed that a lot of my workout songs are not what I choose to listen to when I'm in the car or at home just doing normal stuff, but they really work for a workout. I even use some groups and styles of music I don't really care for because they just get me going during a workout. Fortunately I have a teenager and I'll hear some of the stuff he listens to and notice that it will be good to work out to, so once he downloads, I snag it too

There is a lot of stuff out now that is techno that has a good beat, and some sites let you search for "workout music" and you can download a whole album like my cardio instructor does.

It's just trial and error, but it's like exercise...if it works for you, you'll use it. If it doesn't, you won't. Other than that, there are no "rules" about what works best.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:49 AM
FitDay Member

got to love queen...lol
Old 02-15-2010, 01:09 PM
FitDay Member

I have really been enjoying Cardio Coach. It's sort of techno and is specifically geared toward interval training using any method you choose (I use an elliptical). I love it. It lasts about 40 minutes and is very motivating! One of my clients recommended it and she used it to train for a 5K and won in her age category (54). I downloaded it from the website for $13.99. If you choose to look into it, my favorite is volume 3. Just google cardio coach. Aside from that, I like old Hall & Oats, Doors (break on through to the other side), the Who, AC/DC. Yeah, I am definitely dating myself!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:58 AM
FitDay Member

Wink

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
This is hard to answer...music preferences are so individual. I look for songs with a good tempo and beat that work for me on the treadmill. This can be anything from older rock such as the Who, AC/DC, Guns 'n Roses, Metallica, etc. to newer stuff such as the Killers, Black Eyed Peas, Alice in Chains, Pink...I also look for songs that maybe don't have a killer beat but that are very inspiring to me personally, that help me keep going when my legs are tired...right now I'm on Resolution by Jack's Mannequin and I Will Not Bow by Breaking Benjamin.

(Some Queen is a good idea...thanks Stacey!).

I have noticed that a lot of my workout songs are not what I choose to listen to when I'm in the car or at home just doing normal stuff, but they really work for a workout. I even use some groups and styles of music I don't really care for because they just get me going during a workout. Fortunately I have a teenager and I'll hear some of the stuff he listens to and notice that it will be good to work out to, so once he downloads, I snag it too

There is a lot of stuff out now that is techno that has a good beat, and some sites let you search for "workout music" and you can download a whole album like my cardio instructor does.

It's just trial and error, but it's like exercise...if it works for you, you'll use it. If it doesn't, you won't. Other than that, there are no "rules" about what works best.

I took your word for it and decided to try and create my own workout playlist and I did! I found a lot of tracks that really make you move. I'm posting them here just in case someone else wants to try them .

Workout Play list Omega

Prima J - Rockstar

Ke$ha- blah blah blah ; Blind; Your love is my drug; Take it off

The gummy bear song (lol!)

Kanye West - Workout Plan

Tiesto - Escape me

Adam Lambert - What do you want from me ; For your entertainment

The Smiths - You just haven't earned it yet ; Please Please Please let me get what I want

Selena Gomez - Naturally

Lady Gaga - Just dance; Telephone; Paparazzi

Ash Burn baby Burn

Theory of a deadman - bad girlfriend

Bebe - Malo
Juanes - La Paga

Hellogoodbye - Call n return

MIA - Paper Planes

I hope someone finds some in this playlist.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:32 PM
FitDay Member

i like listing to elton john (because i know all the words and make up the ones i dont)