Notices

Hello -- Getting back to healthy

Old 02-21-2011, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello -- Getting back to healthy

Hi all,

I am joining this site to help me in my continuing recovery from a major auto accident last year where I broke my back (among other things!). I spent my 50th Bday in the hospital last April, and can honestly say, it was one of my darkest days I ever remember. The sad truth is that it wasn't even so much about my injury or the fact that I could have almost died, but more about what I feared most--gaining more weight which has been a big battle since my mid-forties!

It's been a long 9 months since that day...and I've slowly recovered and now living somewhat normally, except I've not lost any weight or began a physical fitness program.

I am now focused on getting my strength back -- and rebuilding a healthy body. Because I have 80 pounds to lose, I am fearful that I will get overwhelmed if I don't take it slow and keep my goals realistic. I tend to be an overachiever who constantly puts unrealistic expectations on myself!

I am hoping this forum will be a good place to connect with others who share these feelings and we can talk each other through the ups and downs!
Old 02-21-2011, 08:00 AM
FitDay Member

Wellcome!! I hope you reach your goal, i know i will
Old 02-21-2011, 11:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks - how much do you want to lose?

How much do you have to lose? I have to reset my goals down a bit and focus on chunks -- like maybe 30 lbs at a time or else I think I will get too discouraged.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

I have to lose 22kg (48.5 pounds). I`m from romania and i`m used to kg not pounds :">
Old 02-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by thinyear2011
Hi all,

I am hoping this forum will be a good place to connect with others who share these feelings and we can talk each other through the ups and downs!
Welcome to FitDay!

There are plenty of members who can relate to losing weight after an injury. It certainly helps to have the support of others.

Check out the forum threads and feel free to join in any of them.