Notices

Miserable Over the Road

Old 02-20-2011, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Miserable Over the Road

Hello. My name is Dawn. I am an over the road truck driver with my husband.
Eating healthy since being out here has been one of my weakest point. Would really like to learn how to eat healthy.::
Old 02-20-2011, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay. How long are y'all on the road for at a time?
Old 02-20-2011, 04:50 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Craz3hot,
In some way you have a really tough row to hoe, because it it really tough to find healthy meals at most truck stops. But if you are willing to work, and think, outside the box, but inside a cooler box, you can probably make this work for you. The trick will be to bring along a lot of the good stuff, so you don't have to rely on whatever you can find at the roadways as you travel.

Planning will have to be your key. Which is not really something that is second nature with most of the male truckers I have known over the years.

As Mike asked, figure out how many days you will be out, multiply that by how may meals you will have to deal with, and start figuring out how much you can either take with you or grab on the go from there.

It may take you a couple of trial runs to work it out - But DO NOT GIVE UP!

Check in here for time to time - I would love to read how you manage to work in a healthy diet on a long distance trucking lifestyle!

Pam
Old 02-23-2011, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

One thing I do when I'm on the road is stop at grocery stores instead of restaurants. I buy a roll and a few slices of deli meat. I buy a piece of fruit and maybe a side salad from the salad bar. It saves money and is much healthier.