Notices

Body Log

Old 02-19-2011, 10:03 PM
FitDay Member

Question Body Log

I notice on Fitday there is a section to record a range of body measurements. I am looking for guidance before I consider using this option. Do you use this? If so how often to you take measurements? Do you take all the measurements or some? Is there a technique to taking the measurements e.g. middle of bicep, largest part of hips etc?

I am thinking this may be a good quantitative measure especially when clothes are fitting differently but the scales aren't moving.

Insights, experiences, tips are all appreciated.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Jacqueline,

I take my measurements every 4 weeks, and I'm gad I've got the data! My first day was last June, and I've seen changes every time - even when my weight wasn't changing, I've been losing in my "problem areas". You can record it in the "body" section, but I also put it on my journal page with running totals.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I don't personally do any measuring, other than by trouser waist size but it works for lots of folks. I may start, though, when I get done with weight loss and switch to total total and maintenance mode.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-20-2011, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

I'll check my measurements on a weekly basis, but when I was larger, I would measure maybe once a month.
Also, I could really see a fairly fast change in measurements once I started running on a regular basis. It was fun watching my mid-section numbers go down and my leg numbers go up.