View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #450 (permalink)
changeisgood29
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbs21 View Post
I notice on Fitday PC there is a section to record a range of body measurements. I am looking for guidance before I consider using this option. Do you use this? If so how often to you take measurements? Do you take all the measurements or some? Is there a technique to taking the measurements e.g. middle of bicep, largest part of hips etc?
Hi Jacqueline, I strongly recommend taking your measurements, as it's a great tool! The more stats that go in the right direction = the more motivation, in my book. Right now, I take my measurements roughly once a month, although in the beginning, when the losses were bigger, sometimes I'd do it every 2-3 weeks. I have the hubs take all of the measurements.

The gist of measuring correctly is to measure the biggest area of the section, but for more details, here's one of many sites that'll tell you how: How Do I Take My Measurements - iVillage Oh, and I put my bust measurement in the 'chest' slot, since that's of, er, greater importance to me, lol.

As I've mentioned in some other of my posts, for the first 3 months that I was starting out, I didn't even get on a scale and relied on measurements to make sure that I was on the right track. You may not be in love with what the numbers say now (hey, that's why we're all here, right?), but you'll be so glad that you took measurements.
Goal Weight: 140
changeisgood29 is offline   Reply With Quote