Notices

17 day diet

Old 02-19-2011, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default 17 day diet

Anyone heard of it. I have friends who have lost alot on it and it sounds very healthy. I don't know if it changes after the 17 days but its worth giving a try.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

It's basically what anyone would do who is already eating healthy. I kind of find it funny that it's being sold as a diet book when it is just basic common sense about body confusion.

I eat clean 80-90% I try to do a reload day once a week so my body gets confused by having to work hard to break down the foods I don't normally eat and to keep my metabolism up.

Every few months I need to do it for a few days (I call it a mini bulk) so I can get better results from my lifting.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

what do the terms reload and body confusion mean, please?
Old 02-19-2011, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

Body confusion keeps your body guessing about what's coming next. If you eat low fat. low cal, or whatever way you eat and all of a sudden you aren't losing, eating a day of higher fat, cal, etc. can jump start you into losing again

I eat lower carb so just by doing 1 day a week of eating higher carbs (reload) my body is like "Oh look body! We don't have to start storing the extra carbs we were craving as body fat since just got more carbs then we thought we were getting, come on muscles, it's feast time for your glycogen stores!"

Everyone is different but I use carbs for muscle growth. Any extra just makes me sluggish and tired and will be stored as fat so once I knew the amount I needed I cut out all the excess with the exception of my reload day.

I hope I didn't confuse you, maybe someone else can explain it better.