View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 04:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
lmyers68
FitDay Member

Due to health issues, I am trying to get approved for weight loss surgery in May. Before my insurance will approve it I have to be on a 6 mo. doctor supervised diet. I have to sit down with a weight loss doctor and a nutrionist every month. I was discouraged at first when I barely lost any weight but I was eating way healthier than ever and getting more exercise. I started this in I think October and the entire time I have been on this plan I have only gained one pound back and that was over the holidays. I started at 285 as my heighest weight my last weigh in was 266 and I get weighed again in a week, not sure how that one is going to go.

Weighing yourself too often can stress you out without even realizing it. Try weighing only once a month and track your progress from there. The more I would weigh myself, the more discouraged I would get. Now I don't think about it until I am going to the doctor.

I realize 20 pounds doesn't seem like a lot, especially on a person my size but it is the first time in my life I haven't gained part or all or more of it back. I swear I was on a never ending roller coaster. Hopefully the healthier my body starts feeling the better the results will be.

Keep doing what you are doing, the results will come.

Laura
lmyers68 is offline   Reply With Quote