Notices

Vegan Tuesdays

Old 01-24-2011, 06:07 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Vegan Tuesdays

Hi all who are fans of vegetarian or vegan way of eating! We are having this new thing here when we try for most of the time to eat as vegetarian as possible, with one day a week going completely vegan. I chose my vegan day to be Tuesday, which is today. I had soya milk in my coffee and in the muesli, TBH I had to add a bit of apple juice coz I'm not quite used to taste of soya milk. I'll see how the day goes.

The key is to be well prepared, so make sure you have vegan ingredients at home - dairy free milk, spread, some pulses to cook for dinner, there's even dairy free chocolate . If you want motivation, go to youtube and watch some of these videos from cattle slaughterhouse, or read about how meat and dairy is bad for your body.

Good luck!
Old 01-31-2011, 06:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Everyone ready!?

Tomorrow is going to be the first Vegan Tuesday. Breakfast and dinner are easy for me with that, but lunch will be interesting. I usually either do a salad with shrimp on top or a turkey wrap. Neither of those options are acceptable, so I'm going to have to just have a salad sans shrimp or a whole other something for lunch. I'm not sure which.

For dinner I think I'm going to be doing my this vegan soup recipe I got from Robin Quiver's site. I still have one serving of that in the freezer. Yum!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:46 PM
FitDay Premium Member

How did everyone's first Vegan Tuesday go? I did well. I just switched the salad bar places to one with beans on it. The lentil soup I whipped up with mushroom stock was great too. I didn't have much of a problem, but I'll be honest, I was really craving putting some shaved parmigiana on my salad!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:45 PM
FitDay Member

Fantastic!I bought some bulgur (500g only .89e which makes it cheaper than pasta! and there's loads of fibre in it) and made it into a salad with tofu cheese

I find it a bit hard to be vegan it's no problem to be vegetarian, i don't miss meat, but I do miss milk in my coffee and cottage cheese. However, I am making small changes towards healthy eating - like using rice cream instead ordinary cream, vegetable spread instead of butter, and i even baked some cookies for the first time Oatmeal Cookies Recipe With Picture - Joyofbaking.com *Tested Recipe* but I made them lower in sugar and substituted the butter with healthier fat.

I saw your journal. You have there 54g of fibre, wow. A lot of chewing. Diet high in fibre is great, as people are never hungry. I would die if I had to do Atkins

Last edited by MunaAmin; 05-09-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:44 PM
FitDay Member

Muna, try almond milk if you don't like soy milk so much. I have almond milk in my coffee every morning and I find it has a much smoother and more subtle flavor than soy. The brand I buy is Blue Diamond and some other Fitday members enjoy the Silk brand which I have never tried. Either one is perfectly vegan of course.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Rose almond milk sounds good. I never tried it yet, hopefully I soon will.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:17 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Vegan Wednesday Too

Well I actually had a Vegan Wednesday to follow my Vegan Tuesday. The dinner soup and breakfast are easy, it's just the lunch. Frankly, I didn't like any of the meats on the salad bar today (it was Wegmans though yum!) so I just skipped that and the cheese as well.

I think these are 99% Vegan days now that I'm looking at it, and I'm okay with that. For instance, I don't know for sure if there was milk in the roll I ate with lunch. I don't think there is, but I don't intend to go crazily searching for the ingredients and what not. I can see doing something like this more and more days of the week, but doubt I'd be able to go totally vegan. I know I'll be breaking it by Saturday, when I sit my butt down at Sullivan's Steak House for some nice carnivorous fare!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:30 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default 2/8/2011 Vegan Tuesday Status

How's everyone second vegan Tuesday going? I forgot about it until lunch time, but thankfully that was still in time to avoid putting eggs or shrimp on my salad . Finishing up the night with a bowl of lentil soup and some home made bread! Under calories and vegan!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:06 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Week 3

Anyone else still trying to do Vegan Tuesdays? Sadly, I forgot it was Tuesday yesterday until mid-afternoon so it was too late for me . I am making up for that by being vegan today. I'm doing the usual for breakfast, lunch and snacks but dinner instead I'm thawing out and reheating some vegan summer squash soup that I made! Yum!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

I've been lacto-ovo vegetarian since November 24th, 2010. (I did eat a piece of chicken on Christmas eve, and I regretted it right away.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.