Notices

Lonely and miserable

Old 02-14-2011, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

Default Lonely and miserable

So a little about myself, I am 32 married for 10years have 2 girls. My weight has always gone up and down. When i got close to 200 lbs I freeked out and then lost about 20 lbs, it slowly came back on but still stayed below 200. Then in april after being seizure free (I have epieplsy) for almost 10 yrs started having them again. With the drugs I had to start taking again I put on 10 lbs in one month. In july we moved across the country. I miss my friends, I cannot get a job for the life of me and its not turning out the way we hoped it would we are so tight on money can't afford the gym or even a proper grocery shop and I have now gained another 10 lbs and its not looking like its gonna stop. Yes I know I am doing alot of complaining but I really don't see any light at the end of the tunnel....
Thank you for listening I am hoping someone can pull me out of my rut and get my ass in gear
Old 02-15-2011, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

mikaela- I am so sorry to hear how miserable you are. I moved away from all my family and friends many years ago and I remember feeling lonely, so I can sympathize. Are there any play groups you can get involved in with your kids or do you have a church or hobby you can get involved with? Sometimes those are the easiest ways to meet new people.
As far as weight, everyone goes through ups and downs.( I have been recently gaining again and working on trying to stop it.) Try to eat as best as you can on your limited budget. Look for fresh fruit and veggies and lean proteins. I know you said you can't afford a gym, but do you have a place you can take a walk or borrow exercise videos from your local library? The weight gain can stop, it just takes some planning on what you are going to eat and how you can add some exercise. I tend to be an emotional eater, but eating more has never made me feel better in the long run. It usually makes me feel worse.
The job market is tough right now. Don't get discouraged, something will eventually turn up. There is light at the end of the tunnel. You just need to keep moving through the tunnel until you see it. Start with drinking more water today,or choosing a piece of fruit over junk food, or seeing where you can get connected in your community. I have been away from all I knew for almost 20 years now, and I can say things turned around. I made some great friends and have come to love where I live. It will be okay
Old 02-15-2011, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mikaela99
So a little about myself, I am 32 married for 10years have 2 girls. My weight has always gone up and down. When i got close to 200 lbs I freeked out and then lost about 20 lbs, it slowly came back on but still stayed below 200. Then in april after being seizure free (I have epieplsy) for almost 10 yrs started having them again. With the drugs I had to start taking again I put on 10 lbs in one month. In july we moved across the country. I miss my friends, I cannot get a job for the life of me and its not turning out the way we hoped it would we are so tight on money can't afford the gym or even a proper grocery shop and I have now gained another 10 lbs and its not looking like its gonna stop. Yes I know I am doing alot of complaining but I really don't see any light at the end of the tunnel....
Thank you for listening I am hoping someone can pull me out of my rut and get my ass in gear
Hi Mikaela, sounds like things have been hard for you recently. I hope the meds are at least stopping the seizures. Can you talk to your doc about the weight gain and see if these are affecting it?

it sounds like you feel out of control, I can't help you with the job hunting but I wish you luck with it. The only other thing that I can say is perhaps you could take control of your weight issues. Eating healthy food isn't expensive, and you don't need a gym to exercise.

Keep reading the posts here for encouragement and advice, I hope it all works out well for you.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:13 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to FitDay and the forums.

I'm not likely much help on the personal problems (which I hope get resolved for you sooner, rather than later), but you really can't let them control your health goals.

Even on a limited food budget, one can make better food choices and practice portion control. As far as exercise, it's tough to beat walking. If you can't go out, even walking in place.

In any case, make your plan and get to work--you may find that by working toward your health goals you get the energy and mental state you need to work towards sorting out some of your other problems.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-15-2011, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mikaela,
I too have moved from my hometown of 25 years to a different area. Leaving all of my family behind. I was depressed at first, but now I would never move from here. It takes time, but it was good advice to get active in your community, maybe at your girls school, or even volunteering.
I resigned from my job of 11 years due to the stress and anxiety, and placed on medication. I am currently in a fight for my unemployment. We went from being comfortable (not rich) to living paycheck to paycheck by the skin of our teeth.
I too wanted to go back to the gym, but the money just isn't there. Not only would it have been good for me to get back into exercise but it would have helped me get back out into the world.
I have been very heavy, 220 pounds and very thin also. I know both sides. I'm five feet tall and small framed. I weigh 114. I'd like to take off just a few pounds, four or five, but I also want to get my body back into shape.
Twice in my life I have lost 100 plus pounds. The first fifty always came off with sensible eating, calorie counting and just walking. You would also be amazed at how much you can eat if it's all healthy.
I'm back to counting calories of fitday and came to the forum to meet some friends and hopefully buddy-up so we can help each other.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:34 AM
FitDay Member

I have a daughter who has epilepsy. She is living on her own, no kids, no husband. She keeps herself busy with crafts. She is not seizure free at this time though.
She finds that some of the meds work against her wieght issues.

As for money being tight and working out, I used to walk my kids to school or the bus and the walk in addition to that. Great exercise, with no money.

I hope hanging out here will give you some added friendship.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:50 AM
FitDay Member

Just read your message and maybe I have an idea that could help you. If you have cable or direct tv or what ever, see if you have The DFH channel (used to be called Fit Tv). They have a couple of exercise programs in the morning. Sharon Mann and Gilad. At least there is no gym membership to pay and could get you going with the exercises. Hope you meet some friends soon in your new home. I know how lonely things can be. Take care.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:01 PM
FitDay Member

I want to thank everyone for all the replys and all the suggestions. I know all I have to do is go out for a walk but when you are this down its hard to get the ass of the couch. I live an Canada so our economy is not as bad as in US in there are plenty of jobs where I live, I put out at least 20 resumes and no one wants to hire me that is what is getting to me and frusterating .