View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 01:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
bkj0407
FitDay Member

Smile Great Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncage1974 View Post
Ok to answer this question. Runners at first might see some weight gain due to a couple of factors. Don't worry its not bad weight gain. First of all of those muscles that a lot of us having used for years will get bigger (yes even with running) and will start to hold a lot more water. You might see a slight weight gain because of this. Yes running definitely does make me more hungry but i keep close track of my calories (ie fitday). Yes you still have to watch what you eat. Just because you run doesn't mean you can just go and eat anything/everything that you want. I sometimes splurge on the weekend and have 1-2 slices of pizza or something similar but the rest of my diet is Fruit/Veggies/ect. With just a little bit of meat. I subscribe to the micheal pollan / in the defense of food philosophy. If your worried about your weight gain is from water gain then go get one of those fancy body fat % scales (that usually have water). Yes how accurate they are is controversial but they do give you a basis to go on and tell you whether your water % or fat % is going up. Running is definitely though a healthy past time that you will reap the benefits in years to come.

Ncage
Thanks for your perspective and feedback--very helpful. I wasn't always a healthy or active person, so it's great to have input in order to keep my bearings--and to stay fit!
bkj0407 is offline   Reply With Quote