Notices

I Will Wear those Clothes!

Old 02-13-2011, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default I Will Wear those Clothes!

Hi everyone

This seems like a very encouraging and friendly site.

I've only been using Fitday for a few days but find it tremendously helpful. I am surprised by how quickly and easily the calories mount up!

I have 30 pounds to lose. This is the second time that I have gained 30 pounds. Last time it happened, it took a while but I lost it. I felt so good, I swore I would never let it happen again.

I have bipolar disorder. Now I finally have the medication that suits me, so when I lose the weight again, I'm hoping I'll be able to keep it off.

To help, I went on a mail order site and bought some clothes in my original size. They honestly look like dolls clothes at the moment. I have a bikini that is my favourite. The top fits me like a necklace - but at least I can get that on - (only because it has a tie-string back)!

I wish all of you the very best, and am pleased to a part of this.

Blubber333
Old 02-13-2011, 06:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to FitDay and the forums. If you stick with it, you'll achieve your goals in no time. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-13-2011, 12:42 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Michael

Thanks so much for your encouraging words. I am going to stay with it, and this site is helping me a lot.

Good to be part of the forum.

Thanks again
Blubber333
Old 02-13-2011, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

I too like to use clothing as a motivational tool. At first I started off just trying to get back into some old stuff that hadn't fit in a long time. But now I like to buy the occasional piece of new clothing a size too small. I can say for certain that it hadn't occurred to me to buy a bikini. Good luck, the forum is a lot of help and a great tool.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:13 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Almeeker

Thanks for your message.

I can't believe the weight that you have lost! You've been sticking to your regime since October 2009. That shows incredible willpower - no wonder you're whoo hoooing! You must be very happy with yourself, and so you should be.

I bought the bikini because I live in Sydney, Australia. Recently we have been subjected to a week of over 40oC (104oF) temperatures. Although that was a bit extreme, even for us, the summers are always hot. I will wear it next year.

You've only got 28 pounds to go, and I wish you the best of luck!
Regards
Blubber333