Notices

What do i do?

Old 02-09-2011, 10:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default What do i do?

hey there.
i just ate some food like half an hour ago i had 2 eggs and 2 whole wheat toast.

after awhile my mouth is craving more food. but i'm trying hard to not have anymore and i'me been drinking alot of water but it's not helping.

what should i do?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:36 AM
FitDay Member

there are several things you can try. I use sugarless gum sometimes when I'm craving something but I'm not really hungry. Right now I'm having a pot of green tea to convince myself that dinner is over. By the time I finish 2 cups I usually have lost that desire to keep eating. Finding an activity to distract you might help == go for walk or do some exercise. Good Luck mary
Old 02-09-2011, 10:40 AM
FitDay Member

hmm yeah i may just do that, i'll go to the store across the street and get some gum. that way i do some walking and get some gum
Old 02-09-2011, 10:44 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like a good idea. I have a 2 k round trip to my local store so when I crave a chocolate bar I make myslef walk there to get it. By the time I'm there the craving is sometimes gone. good luck. Mary
Old 02-09-2011, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Sounds like a good idea. I have a 2 k round trip to my local store so when I crave a chocolate bar I make myslef walk there to get it. By the time I'm there the craving is sometimes gone. good luck. Mary
thanks Mary.

it's too easy here in my school vending machines everywhere. but they don't have gum in them. but yeah i should mak myself walk for my supper when i crave something lol
Old 02-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

I also have to go to the store if I am craving any junk since I don't buy it when I food shop. I wouldn't know what to buy anyways because how would I even know what I may crave a few days later?

Are you just bored? Are you actually hungry? Or is it just knowing the vending machine junk is there?
Old 02-09-2011, 04:24 PM
FitDay Member

keep some celery sticks handy. Make for a good crunchy snack. I even put a little salt on them at times. Besides, celery puts you in a deficit with that fiber in it. Cost you more to break it down than you actualy get from it. Unless you put PB on it but at least the fiber will slow any other absorption down. I dont know why, I've always been able to turn my back on sweets or whatever. Especially if I am seeing body goals being met. Then I start thinking, that donut may look good but its half hour of treadmill time and I hate the tmill.......so I just dont touch the junk. Unless its in my wifes shorts. and thats ok.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

i tried celery once with peanut butter and i just didn't like it. i probably didn't cut it into thin enough strips to make it eaier to eat (i just cut the stock into 3 pieces without cutting down the middle).

tho i've been likeing my baby carrots for a snack i just like them better.

and for last night i felt better after walking to the store, the cold kind snaped me out of my cravings fromt he get go. the gum did help getting flavor i crave but not eatting anything.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

I always try a cup a green tea first but one of the best "tip" I have ever heard is have cooked protien on hand. Mine is usually chicken breast that I've cooked and sliced up, there is never anything on it and if I feel "hungry" I go to that. If I'm not willing to eat it I'm just eating out of boredom or cravings and if I do eat it the protien helps with the hunger.

I like the idea of taking the walk first, I'm going to try that one too.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

Im new too this so i dont have any great advise. I have been stuffing my face for a long time and my problem is now what do i do to take the place of constant nibbling on pretzels ,chips ,candy anytyhing i want. Im not sure . But what Im trying to do is change my habits . Ive walked the dogs several times riding the bike to the grocery store today im gonna pick up the guitar and play for a while . Im just trying to fill up my time with things that arent related to food.this website has been good for me it has opened my eyes to a lot of things i was unaware of . Im truly greatful for it . Motivation is key to all. I usually go to the bar on fridays and drink till im buzzing but because i have worked hard all week doing the right things im not going to the bar today and in a weird way thats my gift to me.. Sure my 99 friends wont understand but there not the ones who dont fit in my clothes anymore.its me its all me . and now i want something more than a pretzel,chips or candy. I WANT HEALTH and PIECE OF MIND and damn it im gonna have it. remember why you started this journey and dont give up never give up . I dont know you but i do know your worth it. ..... LAUGH , LIVE ' LOVE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.