Notices

Twin mama from Michigan

Old 02-09-2011, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default Twin mama from Michigan

Hi everyone! I'm a 29 year old mom of twin boys age 1.5 years old. Trying to get back in shape and pay more attention to what I am consuming.
Will be keeping track on this website because I have never counted calories before.
Any suggestions??
Plan 140-145 lbs
Would like to get to 125-130 lbs

Using calorie counting, slim fast, and starting to exercise including dance with my boys, 30 day shred video, and walks once spring hits. Lol

Mrs
Michigan
Old 02-09-2011, 03:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to FitDay and the forums. Sure sounds like you've got your hands full with the twins!

Track your calories and exercise daily with FitDay and you'll be able to reach your weight goal easily.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-09-2011, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome fellow twin mom! I have 4yr old twin girls. Good for you, for starting this life change. I follow the Weight Watcher plan and workout utilizing the Wii fitness programs. So far, it's kicking my butt!
I was humiliated when I really saw what shape I had allowed myself to get in. Buuuuuut, we've started!

I'm also 29. I started at 170lbs and have lost 2!

It's great to have a network of friends. Let's share in the up's and down's. We all need someone to be accountable to.

Good luck!
Jessica
Old 02-09-2011, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks jessica. My name is Casey. Hands are very full as you know. I am utilizing nap time and bedtime as exercise times. Thinking of also joining curves 2-3 days a week for something different while gam watches boys. Just started.. Ate lunch that I didn't want to because the boys didn't want to eat the turkey sandwich I made them. Lol was going to have something with less calories now I am already up to 900 calories and it's already noon. How many calories are you allowing???
Old 02-09-2011, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

How do I figure out how many calories I should have to lose weight??
Old 02-09-2011, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

Everybody is different, so it takes a little to figure out how many calories you need to lose. Go through the "Weigh Goal" tab and it will run through it for you and give you an estimate. There are other calculators on-line. And as a woman you have some built-in hormonal things that will make a monthly impact... So for women it's a little trickier than just math. Also the composition of your calories is important, grams of protein, grams of fat, carbs etc etc. People keep to different ratios depending on what they are trying to achieve, weight loss, reduced body fat, bulking muscle, etc etc.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, I have twins too about the same age: girls at 21 months. They are a handful, and on the plus side, that does help burn calories, right?? Well, when I was losing my twin baby weight (before I got pregnant again ) I stuck around 1400 calories and exercised in the morning before they woke up. It was almost impossible for me to do exercise during nap time back then because they had different sleep schedules. But that worked well for me and I would lose 2-3 lbs a week typically.

It sounds like you have a good plan! Especially dancing with your boys! I do that with my girls too sometimes and it really helps to just relieve all the stress of the day and they feel like they get more attention, too. Just keep track of what you are doing and eating and in a week or two, you will be able to see when you make the most progress. Good luck, and this is a great place for support!
Old 02-09-2011, 11:43 PM
FitDay Member

Twinnermommy,
It is actually very hard for me to make this change. I have never counted calories in my life, but as you know after kids, and the closer I am to 30 my body is changing in everyday I thought it wouldn't. I danced for 13 years through my childhood with a tall lean body structure. Now I am more like a pear especially after twins.
How many kids do you have and what ages are they? They sound close in age.
Counting calories is hard, but this web site helps you maximize with the calories you can have. I am sticking to a 1400-1500 calorie intake. I do 30 day shred at nap time everyday whether I feel like it or not.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mrsz82303
Thanks jessica. My name is Casey. Hands are very full as you know. I am utilizing nap time and bedtime as exercise times. Thinking of also joining curves 2-3 days a week for something different while gam watches boys. Just started.. Ate lunch that I didn't want to because the boys didn't want to eat the turkey sandwich I made them. Lol was going to have something with less calories now I am already up to 900 calories and it's already noon. How many calories are you allowing???
haha, you would think that we could burn a lot more calories because we have multiples! Curves is good. They use the circuit training method which is great for keeping the heart rate up and in turn burns those calories. It's hard to make healthy/nutritious things for kids to eat. Especially those under 5. I find myself making mac n cheese 2-3 times a week! YIKES I just usually have a salad while they indulge. haha
I try to hold myself to 1200-1300 calories. It all comes down to a food routine.
As for tracking calories, it's an eye opener. I've never really paid attention to how many carbs I was taking in. It turns out that more than half of my nutritional values is carbs! CRAZY!

Jessica
Old 02-10-2011, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah it's really having me rethink my childrens choices in foods. I know they are kids so they can have junk and not worry. Well a little wont hurt.. But man I just went grouchy shopping to fill my fridge for low calorie filling options. Not much junk left in the house for kiddos.lol apples are the new fruit snacks. Did 30 day shred again today. Tomorrow I get a real treat. I have been invited to a gym by a friend for a workout. Willcheck that out even if it's once a week to go to it. Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.