New To Everything...

Community
Notices

New To Everything...

Old 02-09-2011, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Red face New To Everything...

Hi there,

I'm new here on fitday. I'm 39 and I want to change my life. I've tried tons of diets and weight plans and pills and exercise and well pretty much everything under the sun but nothing really has worked and now I'm a diabetic.

I have a ton of health issues and I am really tired of being sick and tired. So I'm taking this first step for me to change for me my life.

I'm scared as hell that I'm going to die before my time because things are so bad. The last time I weighted in it was 330 and that was with me trying to eat healthy. So I'm changing how I eat and I joined a gym with my life partner in Oct. I'm going to keep track of everything I can on here. I'm also going to start using my wii. I ve been watching the biggest loser and watching other friends do the HGC diet / atkins and they are having such success.... I saw a dr the other day who said i needed to starve myself. Almost all the drs I have seen in the past year have told me I need to get a lap band and every doctor, therapist, and nutrionist has said i needed to loose the weight. Everyone of them has a different plan... I think its about portion control and eatting healthier for me.

My goals are pretty simple...

1. loose weight to be healthy
2. get enough sleep
3. keep track of my blood sugars
4. keep track of my moods
5. keep track of what I eat
6. keep track of my exercising
7. try not to make food my enemy

Most current weight: 330
Weight Loss Goal: 180 or size 18

I could use some friends for encouragement. I dont get out much and I'm rather shy thanks to a nasty case of PTSD but I am loyal and funny. Thanks ahead for any feedback!

Kel

Last edited by poets_quill; 02-09-2011 at 03:42 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Kel, welcome to FitDay and the forums.

Now this is just my opinion, but don't let anyone tell you you need to follow the "diet of the day" or make a few payments on a doctor's yacht to lose weight.

All you need is FitDay and the desire to do it.

My advice is to eat real food that you enjoy, in a quantity that is significantly less in calories than you burn.

Do some sort of exercise daily.

Drink lots (and lots) of water.

Log every single thing you eat and your daily exercise and activities on FitDay, every day, without fail.

Do this, consistantly, and you cannot fail.

Regards,
Michael

PS You might want to drop by one of the 100+ to Lose threads. There is one in the Women's Only subforum and one in the Weight Loss Tips forum. We're a friendly bunch and always like to have new folks drop in.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Kel,

I just wanted to tell you that I admired your post. We all have different amounts to loose and are at different places in our lives, but it all comes down to similar feelings and issues causing us to not be the best we can to our bodies. My partner has been very supportive and I think that's important. We also joined a gym and have been trying to work together. I've lost 5 pounds so far and although I can't see it on myself, she's sure she can.

I'm just taking it one day at a time and trying to understand that I've never before in my life been a truly healthy person, so I don't know how to do that. I'm not going to wake up one morning and say, "ohhh!!! that's how I'm supposed to eat, and that's how often I'm supposed to exercise!" I have to learn those things, one day at a time.

I hope this helps, and I'll be sending good thoughts your way!

~alyssum
Old 02-09-2011, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Kel,

How exciting for you to be on this journey. You will find many fellow travelers here - I have in the one week I have been aboard FitDay! Lots of help, support and information. In my journey, I have found the place where I can really love myself. Realizing that "love" does not come in a Krispy Kreme box!!!! I love myself enough to do the hard work needed to live longer and feel better, and you do too. Hang in thre - it is tough at first but those first few weeks are very empowering. Soon you will find yourself well on the road to better health!

-Christy
Old 02-09-2011, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Kel

I think you have come to the right spot. Finding a plan that becomes a way of life is the way to succeed in getting healthy. I've tried many diets and find that learning to eat healthly and controlling portions is the best. Being active also helps.

You need to eat enough calories that you can stick with it. I find increasing my activity is easier than cutting my calories too low. I don't handle hunger well -- yet I can do fine on 1500 calories if I chose wisely.

Keeping track of everything helps. I like putting in my activities and recording my intake -- especially when I'm doing well.

There is lots of support here. Make use of the Forums and everthing Fitday has to offer. You can do it.

Mary
Old 06-20-2023, 09:26 PM
FitDay Member

Fitness isn't just about going to the gym; it is a lifestyle that includes physical, mental and emotional well-being. It's about taking care of your body and mind so you can live a healthier and more fulfilling life. Whether you're into weightlifting, cardio, or yoga, it's important to find activities that keep you active and motivated.

Speaking of fitness, one activity that combines adrenaline and fun is water skiing. If you're looking for an exciting experience on the water, I highly recommend checking out jet skiing dubai rentals. They offer a wide range of jet skis for all skill levels, whether you are a beginner or an experienced rider.

Not only does water skiing provide an incredible full body workout, it also allows you to explore Dubai's stunning coastline in a unique way. Feel energized as you ride the waves, enjoy the breathtaking views and let the water be your playground. It's an exciting and refreshing way to break a sweat during an unforgettable adventure.
Old 08-07-2023, 11:47 PM
FitDay Member

thanks for sharing