Notices

Teaspoons of sugar in my tea/coffee?

Old 02-06-2011, 03:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Teaspoons of sugar in my tea/coffee?

I know I know...putting sugar in my tea is a bad habit! Lol, but I do nonetheless and don't know how to log it? I have cut down a LOT and will cut down more and won't use the artificial stuff.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Cheers,

meggietye
Old 02-06-2011, 03:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Meggietye
I know I know...putting sugar in my tea is a bad habit! Lol, but I do nonetheless and don't know how to log it? I have cut down a LOT and will cut down more and won't use the artificial stuff.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Cheers,

meggietye
If you like it, I wouldn't worry about a little sugar in the hot beverage. In moderation, there's really nothing wrong with sugar (unless you have some particular medical condition and can't use it).

I would simply enter the amount of sugar you use in your food log. One teaspoon has about 16 calories.

Here's the link to "sugar": http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodVi...dds2-f91101000

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-06-2011, 04:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Michael thankyou so much...I have seen so much on here and just got a bit overwhelmed by everything there is to see and do! I probably have about 100 cal of sugar in my tea and coffee but that is my worst habit, I have lost 3 lbs in less than 2 weeks so I am on the right path!!
Old 02-06-2011, 04:31 AM
FitDay Premium Member

hahaha I mean 100 cal per day,,not per cup!!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:04 AM
FitDay Premium Member

You're welcome!

There is so much money made by vilifying various natural substances like sugar that I think we kind of lose sight of the truth.

I don't use sweetner, but if given the choice between a 16 calorie teaspoon of natural sugar or a 0 calorie teaspoon of some labratory engineered chemical I think the choice is pretty obvious.

Log your sugar and enjoy it. If you find you'd rather use some of those calories for other foods, you might try gradually cutting back--just a thought.

Regards,
Michael