Notices

Baby Fat

Old 02-02-2011, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Baby Fat

Hey all,
I was on here for about a month back in May. I was losing weight great and only had 5 more lbs to go... then I got pregnant! Here I am about 10 months later, trying to lose my baby fat again. I want to start a lot earlier than I did after my twin pregnancy. My DS is 3 weeks old and I feel better. My doctor said not to work out very much until 6 weeks, so I am just doing light exercise and yoga stuff.

Here is my question for you all - is anyone out there breastfeeding? Have you noticed what you can / cannot do in the weight loss area without afecting milk production?

Also, is there anyway to chart the calories breastfeeding requires on fitday? I know I need to eat at least 1800 calories and 500 calories of that will go to breastfeeding.

I would also love to hear your advice on how to work out when sleep deprived and busy - I now have 3 kids all under the age of 2! It is so fun and so busy Thanks everyone and I am glad to be back!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:55 AM
FitDay Member

hi,
me too, i am breastfeeding. my DD is 2 weeks old and i am aiming at 1800 cal / day. i have 19-20 pounds to lose. i haven't started exercising yet, i only did 15 min of elliptical yesterday and plan on doing so at least 5 times/wk for the next 2-3 weeks.

keep me posted on your progress. good luck!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:08 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, props to you for getting on an elliptical after only 2 weeks! Even 15 minutes is really impressive. I have been doing light aerobics and pilates, just enought to get moving again. My doctor told me not to exercise very much until 6 weeks, but I am so restless so I am trying to do small stuff.

I bet your weight will just drop off easy because you really didn't gain too much at all! I had painful braxton hicks from 17 weeks on -but especially in the last trimester and I couldn't work out cuz of that... haha excuses... but I have 40 whopping pounds to lose

It is awesome to have some company on here, I would love to hear how things go for you! Congrats on your little girl!
Old 02-04-2011, 08:36 PM
FitDay Member

hi girls, I'm also breastfeeding, my LO is 4months old. I started cutting down on sugar/calories and exercising gently - 10-15min at first - when he was 3 weeks old. You can see my progress in my signature I never pushed myself too hard, I ate around 1900-2000kcal a day and didn't include breastfed calories in my Activity Log (it would encourage me to eat more). I am now back at my pre-pregnancy weight, but still need to slim down some more. Slowly and surely does it.

Conngratulations on your babies
Old 02-05-2011, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

Muna,
Good for you for losing weight the right way. I really need to do everything I can to take it slow, because it is so much more healthy and effective. Congrats on losing 40lbs in 4 months, I bet that feels great!

I've actually found that since I cut out my unhealthy snacks (I love cookies lol), it's hard for me to get 1800 calories, which is my minimum I'm allowing myself. I think it's just hard to find time to eat as often as I should. What kind of foods / snacks do you have for times like that?
Old 02-05-2011, 08:28 PM
FitDay Member

Twinnermommy, I lost a lot after birth, coz I was very swollen and retained lots of water. My fingers were so swollen that I could not bend my fingers properly But it went away eventually. So don't think I lost 40lb of fat LOL yeah I wish.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Haha, I was like that with my twins: I felt like my body was turning to memory foam
Old 02-10-2011, 02:19 PM
FitDay Member

Twinnermommy - i have noticed that we have the same stats: I am at 159 now; before pregnancy i was at 140, but my ultimate goals would be 130.
i have stopped exercising for now because my milk production went down and I am not sure if it's because of the exercise. So i am trying now to fix the breastfeeding issue before going back on the elliptical.
for the past 4 days, no change in my weight - but i was more worried about bf then losing weight...
any tips on increasing the milk production? I have tried pumping, herbal teas, oatmeal... anything else?
Old 02-10-2011, 05:13 PM
FitDay Member

Mince, that actually happened to me earlier this week, too! I didn't stop exercising, but I did increase my calories and ate a lot more protein. I also started taking a prenatal vitamin again and drank a ton of water. It is about back to normal now. I actually had to increase milk production a lot with my twins so I have read up on what works: take a hot shower, skin to skin contact, hold your baby more, deep breathing while nursing, massaging, and then the stuff I said works for me. Breastmilk relies a lot on protein and calcium and water. Good luck getting it to pick up! And it is fun to have someone to check up with!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:53 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mince888
any tips on increasing the milk production? I have tried pumping, herbal teas, oatmeal... anything else?
If your baby is happy,sleeps well and thrives then you make enough milk, even if you think you don't. Also, make sure you sleep enough, sometimes is good to either sleep when baby sleeps during the day, or if you have more kids, pack them off in a car and daddy and send them to park for 2hrs and have a nap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.