Notices

1 pound per week = 50 lbs in a Year! Join me!

Old 02-04-2011, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Smile 1 pound per week = 50 lbs in a Year! Join me!

Hi Everyone!
After a few failed attempts to stick to my plan, I'm back on the wagon to lose 50 pounds this year. Is there anyone out there that has a similar goal? I'd love to share this journey with others.

I am a 45 year old mom that has gained and loss weight over and over my entire life. Usually I have lost it quickly only to gain it back almost just as fast.

So, this time my goal is to lose 50lbs at a slow and sustainable rate: a pound a week. That's only a 500 calorie deficit. I also want to make small life style improvements that will stick both with food and exercise.

You can see my weight goals and progress in my signature below.

I would love some gals to join me
Anyone....?

Carolyn

Last edited by Skeetgirl; 02-04-2011 at 04:56 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

Carolyn,

It sounds like a great plan! I want to lose weight slowly too, just because it is so much easier to keep it off. I have 40 lbs to lose, but I wouldn't mind losing 50 I'm in!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hellz yeah, I'll join you! My plan is to lose around 45 lbs. I always get crazy gung-ho, then get really sick, then gain all the weight back. I'm getting tired of my own excuses and am looking forward to learning how to relax and just let the process happen.

Oh! And a short blurb about me: 19 year old female college student who is pre-diabetic.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:17 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for joining me guys!

I have never kept any weight off that I lost fast.

My base calories burn for a day is 2600 so it's not a huge sacrifice eating at a 500 calorie deficit a day.

I'm trying to make "baby steps" lifestyle changes.

Here are the two that I'm working on right now:

1) Ride my spin bike 30 mins a day.
2) balance my "pie" at 40% carbs, 30% fats, 30% protein

How bout you gals? Any goals you would like to share?

Carolyn
Old 02-04-2011, 04:44 PM
FitDay Member

Right now I'm mostly focusing on:

-Drinking 3L of water per day
-Trying to eat around 20% fat, 40% carbs, and 40% protein
(I'm a carbo-holic so I tots struggle with this!)

Once I get these two down I'm going to work on adding more things in, like sleeping 8 hours a night or quitting soda.

What're you ladies' favorite exercises/workouts?
Old 02-05-2011, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

I am trying for 1800 - 2000 cals a day and working out at least 3 times a week. Right now I am mostly trying to track what I eat and do so I know what goals are best to set for next week.

I would love to get more sleep!
Old 02-05-2011, 11:45 PM
FitDay Member

My base activity calories without excercise are (according to fitday) 2600 so I'm also trying to keep the my intake around 2000 per day.

For exercise, 30 mins a day on the spin bike at a heart rate level of 65-75%. 20-30 mins every other day weight training.

My goal for next week is to start having a more intense cardio workout on the spin bike every other day where my heart rate level reaches 85%. I own 12 Spinerval DVD's which I used to use religiously so I want to get back on those again.

I'm looking forward to more pleasant weather so I can walk too. The stationary bike is nice but it's great to get outside and use different muscles.

Carolyn
Old 02-06-2011, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

i like your idea of takign it slow, thts how i've been trying to work on my weight loss.

if i was to lose about 50lbs i would be around 160 for the end of the year. i feel that it might be pushing it for me to lose that much. but it's more real than trying to lose it in 6 months (like x-weighted said i should do).

i'd like to join you girls :3

i'm a 21 year old college student and i do my weighins on fridays
Old 02-06-2011, 02:50 PM
FitDay Member

So glad you're joining us yunalee
Slow is the way to go!

I do my weigh ins on Friday too. A bit more encouraging that weighing in on Monday...if you know what I mean
Carolyn
Old 02-07-2011, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

How did everyone survive the weekend?! I know that I took a cheat day Friday... and then again on Sunday because I was super excited for my sweetheart to be home!

I tend to weigh in on Mondays in order to keep me accountable during my cheat day(s) though this Monday was not the best since my uterus decided that it wanted to exfoliate. My promise to myself is that I will not weigh in during "Spa Week" but I'll be checking in on the forum!

Oh! Girly tip of the week: While that Belly Band idea may be a hoax about the fat burning, it works fabulously as an abdominal warmer that you can wear in public and never worry about it getting cold!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.